Unknown Tank Destroyer Unit Insignia.

patches

Where to post this, Where to post this!

Lets post it here.

post-34986-0-75480400-1492617339_thumb.jpg

A to me unknown TD unit insignia as we see, by foto the impression is this M10 appears to be Stateside still rather than overseas, perhaps Hood. Anyone know what unit this would be? and if so, would of been an insignia retained overseas if indeed this unit's vehicle was foted stateside?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I do not know unit but Interesting M10 marking. It's hard to tell from the photo but is that a wedge through the triangle or a lightning bolt?

Sorry but I do not know unit but Interesting M10 marking. It's hard to tell from the photo but is that a wedge through the triangle or a lightning bolt?

Yeah, good eye there, I thought it was a thunder bolt, just looked a the book scanned from. It is in fact a wedge, or perhaps a Spike.

Im with the school emblem, the triangle has two breaks in it too. Neat pic. Guy in Pa. used to bring two of them to Ft. Indiantown Gap for the Battle of the Bulge re enactaments, got them from Russia, had V12 russian engines, they would fly!snow rooster tails.

tankdriver

I'll check with a buddy,

His Dad was in the 701st who trained at Camp Hood. His Dad went in on Operation Torch, and was captured at Kasserine Pass, got away, then into Sicily, then Italy. Was wounded then after he got out of hospital, into France.

He is in Italy right now for a few more days.

tankdriver

I sent my buddy a copy of the photo. He could not find anything on the marking. And he has most anything there is on TDs. His father was in the 7011st, and he setup TD reunions till they all got to old to attend.