• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear this.

Condolences to his family.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

So shocked to hear about Gary, my heartfelt condolences to his family. Godspeed Gary. :(

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Condolences to his family, a shock to us all.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

While not a big Edge Weapons man myself, going through his topics and replies in Edge Weapons he is a Giant in this area, who's enthusiastic participation, input and insight will sorely be missed.

But there is all his previous quotes and such,and these that will give aid and knowledge for future reference and other interested members in this area. So as like other members who've have gone, he's still here with us in that respect.

My heartfelt condolences to his family. I never met him in person, yet through our numerous email conversations I was able to consider Gary a good and helpful friend. He will truly be missed.

Marv

I visited him a couple of occasions when I was in his neck of the woods. Very friendly and knowledgable.

God bless him.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

Back in 2015 Mr. Cunningham was generous enough to provide some critique about the restoration of a fighting knife I own. At that time I was a know-nothing collector who was still pretty new to the Forum. His superior knowledge about edged weapons and their restoration was extremely helpful to me. At the same time he explained it all in a extremely polite manner, which was greatly appreciated.

Rest in Peace Sir. Your legacy shall live on to help guide the new generations of collectors.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

Another great member of this forum has passed on! He will always be with us in the form of the information he shared and the knowledge he passed on which can be found in all of us! My condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed!

Please Remember the Following Service Members who have passed on!

Manley S Webb- 1925-2006 US Navy WW2

James W Boutilier - 1921-1983 US Navy Seabees WW2

Russell W Haight - 1876-1953 Spanish American War, Cuban Pacification, Mexican Border War NYNG

Lt Colonel William H Warren 1921-2014 USAF

I never knew Bayonetman personally but I always enjoyed reading his posts,he was very knowledgeable and helpful,and will be missed.Thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"