bomber command and usaaf in ww2

p38lightning

p38lightning

,Hello to you all over the pond,

Yes i am a brit! who hope very much that you can help me. I am a collector of military medals of WW2 ( bomber command and US 8th air force) and once i find my way round i hope very much that someone will be able to help me with 3 usaaf groups i have, one i was told to an amazing guy who won the DFC and Air medal and was with the flying tigers. This group has his name on the medals but for me it is so hard to find the info with me here in the UK. the 2nd group is a silver star group again named but the P/heart and S/star both have numbers on the side. The last is a bronze star group to a marine If there is anyone out there who could help me or give me some pointers ( please bear in mind this is the first time i have ever tried a forum so am not sure if i am doing this right) but here is a bit more about me as said i am a real history buff who collects medals and never sell, i like to think i am just a custodian of my collection and anything to do with bomber command and the USAAF in WW2 then i am there.

I hope very much to get to know a few of you and look forward to any help, but for now thats it and many thanks just for reading this.

Wharfmaster

Welcome to the forum P-38.

Many knowledgeable medal collectors here. Good quality close up photos of your medal groups will be helpful to the membership.

Cheers !

Wharf

Welcome aboard! Good pictures do the talking. When you post them you'll get plenty of info and research leads. Good Luck.....Bobgee