PASGT test prototype

anton67

Here is what the website says about this particular helmet:

"This helmet is part of the second phase of the PASGT "development program" that tested two different ballistic materials, one being Kevlar and the other was Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP). Helmets were compression molded in both materials (I have seen small, medium and large sizes) and subjected to a battery of tests (a few being Durability, Arctic, Compatibility and Operation).
This example is made of compression molded Kevlar and shows one of the less common camouflage patterns."

Also note that they appear to be the same camo pattern.

I own the helmet that you have shown as a comparison. Your helmet is the first I have seen with similar markings, I have had mine for almost 13 years. You made a great buy, the helmet is complete, all the hardware and suspension is original. A bit of a shame that some of the evaluation nomenclature was removed. Congrats on a really nice pot.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Crayj thanks for the info.

Thanks to the photos of your helmet I can see what was written on my helmet.

I now own 3 of them.

I have a soft spot for these helmets.

I think that they are fairly rare and deserve respect in the helmet collecting community.

The P2s were 30 oz/ft2 density Kevlar, the lighter of the two Kevlar models tested, and all were in the Medium size. It should weigh 40 oz, including suspension and chinstrap.