1902 Eickhorn made sword

Costa

made in germany in the 20's? by Carl Eickhorn. this one is in nice shape and with the knot and hanger adds that much more to it.

post-73-0-39053600-1491617234_thumb.jpg

That's in beautiful shape. No idea on the date though. Why are you thinking the 20's? Does the logo help - although I thought Eickhorn still uses that mark.

That's in beautiful shape. No idea on the date though. Why are you thinking the 20's? Does the logo help - although I thought Eickhorn still uses that mark.

Eickhorn has changed the logo several times an various logo designs were used at certain periods of time

Its a standard US Army Officers 1902 pattern.Not real uncommon to see import swords used by the Military,Schools,Masons, etc.Many swords were imported just like the Civil war and then sold or marketed through retailers here.Not uncomon to find Marine officers swords made by Wilkinson.Swords are imported today.

The handles of earlier swords(including the 1902) and the Collins knives and machetes had horn handles.Much of this horn was imported from Germany as I understand it.When the war started the importation stopped

Its a standard US Army Officers 1902 pattern.Not real uncommon to see import swords used by the Military,Schools,Masons, etc.Many swords were imported just like the Civil war and then sold or marketed through retailers here.Not uncomon to find Marine officers swords made by Wilkinson.Swords are imported today.

The handles of earlier swords(including the 1902) and the Collins knives and machetes had horn handles.Much of this horn was imported from Germany as I understand it.When the war started the importation stopped

Thank you Doyler. So would this be a pre Great War made swowd, or one made after 1919? You know would we buy this from the Heinies in the 20s or 30s?

Spathologist

Thank you Doyler. So would this be a pre Great War made swowd, or one made after 1919? You know would we buy this from the Heinies in the 20s or 30s?

As Tim noted, around 1930 or so.

The swords were imported by the gazillions into the US by a handful of wholesalers and sold retail through uniform and military supply shops. Usually you would find a retailer's signature on the ricasso instead of the manufacturer.

As Tim noted, around 1930 or so.

The swords were imported by the gazillions into the US by a handful of wholesalers and sold retail through uniform and military supply shops. Usually you would find a retailer's signature on the ricasso instead of the manufacturer.

Thank you.