So long, Crapgame... Don Rickles passes at 90.

Garandomatic

Garandomatic

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/06/don-rickles-comedy-legend-dead-at-90.html

Man this bums me out. What a guy. WWII Navy vet, served on a PT Boat tender as I recall. Don't have a personal story, but a colleague saw him in Vegas with his dad. Rickles picked on his dad for the entire show, and when it was all over, sent them over a bottle and thanked them for being good sports.

Ahhh man, that is sad news. But, should be celebrated as a full long life. He is indeed one of my favorites. The documentary "Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project" is awesome. One of my favorite scenes is he was on a rant, and completely switched gears, looked at a guy in the crowd, and said, "whaddaya doin', smelling your hand?!"

Not sure why I thought it was so funny, but LOL.

RIP Mr. Warmth.

When I was in college in the 70's, I worked at a motel that had the contract for hosting the stars that appeared

at the Front Row theater, near Cleveland. One night about 3:00 in the morning, I received a phone call at the front

desk. It was Don Rickles. He talked to me for several minutes, including asking me about what I was studying at college.

His warmth of personality and willingness to show concern for a total stranger, made a lasting impression that I hold to this day.

Salvage Sailor

Anchors Aweigh Sharkey

Don Rickles (left), Seaman 1st Class USN WW II. Enlisted in the Navy. Served on the USS Cyrene, a torpedo boat tender, in the Pacific.

Don Rickles and his father.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I remember cpo sharky from the 80's I think, I thought it was a pretty good sitcom. And of coarse Kelly's heroes,you know the line, make a deal ,deal. Maybe he's a republican. I always loved that line. RIP Mr Warmth

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I remember cpo sharky from the 80's I think, I thought it was a pretty good sitcom. And of coarse Kelly's heroes,you know the line, make a deal ,deal. Maybe he's a republican. I always loved that line. RIP Mr Warmth

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

IIRC, Clint( Kelly) and Oddball ( Sutherland) are the only ones left. Shoud have been a sequil, all of them ending up in Switzerland living the good life.