Unusual uniforms - IWG unit - any ideas?

Mr.Jerry

Just got these in, apparently worn by a US soldier, but seem to be some other country camo. Kind of an odd unit too. Love the back patch, cool as hell.

Any ideas? era?

IMG_5492.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5489.JPG

I would guess these are some hokey dubbed up Punk Rock fashion items. Several of the patches of the green jacket are Russian as well.

Note the zeros and ones on the big back patch... that is suggestive of computer binary code.

easterneagle87

OK, could it be an OPFOR variation? When I was a cadet in the early/mid 80's, camo was just becoming the rage again. They were still issuing us god awful OG-107s and not rip stop or newer woodland BDU's. When we trained, even though they weren't authorized, our senior level students wanted a realistic enemy. One of our guys had a Korean jacket and Russian fur and, a de-milled WW1 German grenade. Could this be the case?

The IWG apparently does some psyops kind of things...

Both jackets have "advisor" on them in some form, and there are 3 diff makers/types of the skull patches...

hmmmmm....

firefighter

Well thats unusual. I have never seen a U.S. uniform with a "U.S. ADVISOR" tape before, not saying they weren't used, but they usually didn't advertise like that.They would usually go sterile, no tapes at all."IWG" sounds Navy, if so they wouldn't have a TANGER tab, even if they went through the course.

as good of a thought as any. (too bad out favorite Hollywood anarchist is on holiday.) ;)

I find it odd there is virtually nothing on the web about these guys (or maybe not so odd after all)

~Cyber-Techno-Special-Forces~

The truth has been deleted...

I tried to use a binary decoder for the binary on that back patch but it comes out as complete gibberish. As in, it's not binary at all, just random 1's and 0's.

My money is on some kind of theatrical/movie costume, or just some fantasy "military chic" wardrobe pieces.

Then again I'm not an expert.