SF Camo Kevlar helmet?

Hunter Whittaker

Hunter Whittaker

I bought this helmet recently

It appears to have been painted tan and heavily used then repainted camo and used some more. It's painted like sf helmets but dated 2007 idk why an sf guy would use a helmet like this if there were nicer helmets available? Maybe air force? Any opinions appreciated what do you guys think?

post-157121-0-90733500-1491248605.jpg

post-157121-0-05887200-1491248528.jpg

IKEsaysGO44

The date shouldn't discourage you. When I was in 5th Group, this type and style of camouflage was popular. The mesh bag used for this style of camouflage was generally a PX bought laundry bag, cut and used over the helmets. Group was notorious for having tan painted ACHs, which was their SOP on most incoming personnel.

Nice helmet.

Andy

I don't want to be the naysayer, but it could very well be an air-soft helmet made up by some kids trying to have fun. My kids did the same thing when they were younger.

Just my thoughts.

Chris

Hunter Whittaker

I see what your saying the helmet shows a lot of honest use though very similar to other painted sf helmets I have. Also pretty dusty and dirty on the inside.

I really doubt that was used used by a US solider. My guess is airsoft make-believe or it could have been an Iraq used helmet, those guys often try to copy the look of US SF. But if that was the case I doubt there name would be poulson.

I see what your saying the helmet shows a lot of honest use though very similar to other painted sf helmets I have. Also pretty dusty and dirty on the inside.

It's easy to underestimate just how far airsoft guys will go to get "the look". Some of them will spend thousands of dollars to get all of the legit Special Forces and SEAL field gear and uniforms.

It could also simply be from a police SWAT unit or some other similar law enforcement group. My bet is that this is the most likely source for this helmet.

Really, without any backstory, there is no way to know. At the end of the day, it can only be accurately described as a commercially made PASGT-style ballistic helmet with a camouflage paint scheme.

Another possibility is that it was used by a contractor.

True. I took my ACH that I wore in Iraq while still in boots back to Iraq as a contractor after I had retired, and painted it tan. When I returned, I put the issue cover back on and stored it away with my uniforms and kit. Sure that will cause alot of conversation about it being real or not in the future, lol.

True. I took my ACH that I wore in Iraq while still in boots back to Iraq as a contractor after I had retired, and painted it tan. When I returned, I put the issue cover back on and stored it away with my uniforms and kit. Sure that will cause alot of conversation about it being real or not in the future, lol.

That's already happening lol. "Got this ACH and under the cover its painted tan. Any idea why the hell he would cover it up?" had this conversation with Nkomo a few times already lol.