Vietnam (also worn post war) Young Tigers Task Force Flight Jacket

CHASEUSA11B

CHASEUSA11B

Hello everyone,

I had a good day at the swap meet and found this Vietnam era flight jacket named to a Major Keyes. It has some great patches including a "young tiger task force" with "100 mission tab."

The jacket had done nomex gloves in the pocket as well as a grease pencil and government pen.

I posted it on a The In Country Vietnam militaria collectors page and got some input. A knowledgeable and helpful member, Oliver Bizet identified the patches as the 70th Air refueling squadron of the 305th air refueling wing.

The jacket is dated 1965 but the 305th patch is post war and he suggested that the pilot continued to wear the jackets and reconfigured the patches.

I'm hoping to track down some info on this officer, thanks for looking!

post-6201-0-77938500-1491190093_thumb.jpgpost-6201-0-48453500-1491190101.jpg

northcoastaero

Nice jacket! The flight gloves could be the GS/FRP-1 summer fire resistant ones. Information would be on the inside.

• 2 weeks later...

The set-up on the jacket was used mostly between 1970-1980. Yes, looks like he went through several patch reconfigurations with it, not unheard of pre-Velcro. The patch IDs are spot on. Young Tiger refueling taskings in SEA ran the mid 1960s thru 1973, he could have earned this patch at anytime during Vietnam and wore it afterwards for a while. Many crew members did this.

Randy