(1886-2008) Mustang Guy's Navy Rate Collection

hhbooker2

25 minutes ago, 0bx said:

Now that's one you don't see everyday. Thanks for sharing navyman. Nice.

Thanks, All i need is a pre-WW2 cpo Signalman on blue. If anyone has one, they want to sell let me know!

• 1 month later...

Fantastic collection Navyman. I am partial to the bullion examples, but love the non-bullion ones as well. Most of those do not become available often. You outbid me for the group of five bullions the other day. Congrats on a nice group.

3 hours ago, 0bx said:

Fantastic collection Navyman. I am partial to the bullion examples, but love the non-bullion ones as well. Most of those do not become available often. You outbid me for the group of five bullions the other day. Congrats on a nice group.

Sorry Fritz, I really wanted the preww2 one. He also threw in another post war type, thinking the crow is from the 70's according to John Stacey's book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
busternfo

Hi Jason,  I tried to open the three internet links but none would; post #100.  Any chance of you reloading the photos of the albums?  Or are they available elsewhere? Thanks,

Dennie

busternfo

How about a pre-WWII Aviation Chief Ordnanceman CPO on blue, not bullion.  Anyone have one of those?  I would love to see it!

Dennie

David Minton
6 hours ago, busternfo said:

How about a pre-WWII Aviation Chief Ordnanceman CPO on blue, not bullion.  Anyone have one of those?  I would love to see it!

Dennie

I can’t help you with a blue one, but can share a white one. 

IMG_7585.jpeg.ba5488420e0948cc558aacf1e130689a.jpeg

busternfo

I'm with you there David.  Here's my twin to yours.  So many CPOs in white seem to have survived compared to the blue ones. 

Avn. Ordnanceman CPO white pre-1941 1-29-2023 2.JPG

busternfo

Hi navyman,  Do you need the pre-WW2 CPO Signalman on blue with or without bullion?  

6 hours ago, busternfo said:

Hi navyman,  Do you need the pre-WW2 CPO Signalman on blue with or without bullion?  

I’d love to see them either way. 

busternfo

17 hours ago, sigsaye said:

I’d love to see them either way. 

Here is what I believe to be a pre-1941 CPO Signalman on blue.  Would you agree?  Thanks,  Dennie

Signalman CPO blue edit.JPG

Signalman CPO blue pre-1941.JPG

5 hours ago, busternfo said:

Here's the back.  SignalmanCPObluepre-19414.jpeg.350095a34a0de55e3f81056c07f8dd9b.jpeg

Beautiful!  Retired SMCS here. Love these. 

1 hour ago, 0bx said:

Here  are some bullion examples Sigsaye. Enjoy.IMG_0791.JPG.63695a5fccad14e145405f6c72a9fb45.JPG

Love them!  I was lucky that when I made Chief, we still had decent looking eagles. Didn’t get the ugly post 1984 Fat Parrot crow until I made SMCS. 

busternfo

Thank you sigsaye and Obx,  Here's my best looking Signalman badge (in my Opinion).  But not pre-WWII. 

Dennie

Signalman CPO blue silver bullion edit 2-1-2024.jpg

busternfo
5 minutes ago, busternfo said:

Thank you sigsaye and Obx,  Here's my best looking Signalman badge (in my Opinion).  But not pre-WWII. 

Dennie

Signalman CPO blue silver bullion edit 2-1-2024.jpg

Steve, I hope this wasn't the "Fat Parrot crow" you mentioned.  Perhaps the fat parrot is the style currently on USN rating badges?

40 minutes ago, busternfo said:

Steve, I hope this wasn't the "Fat Parrot crow" you mentioned.  Perhaps the fat parrot is the style currently on USN rating badges?

This is beautiful. The fat parrot is currently in use. Was first inflicted on us in 1984. Never understood the reason we got stuck with that garbage. They, made up some lame excuse, but the USCG, still has good looking eagles. 

Salvage Sailor

Now, once your eyes have recovered, back to the 'Crows'...

1950's Gemsco Bullion

QMCGemscoBullion001.jpg.fc9b4ed09f470ef9fffc9c21b2b850d5.jpgQMCGemscoBullion003.jpg.d125584e88808ad9b779196db9e35d90.jpg

QMC

SKCGemscoBullion001.jpg.383bfae46c227edcbc5153bef68b9b7d.jpgSKCGemscoBullion003.jpg.de20eb127dd24afd130cae0e166eaa40.jpg

SKC