(1886-2008) Mustang Guy's Navy Rate Collection

hhbooker2

• 4 weeks later...

Technically a Coxswain is just that. They didn't have any classes for Coxswain and promotion would have been to Boatswains Mate 2nd Class. I've never seen an "official", reason for that and don't know of any other rating that had that sort of name change. Can anyone shed some light on that?

:rolleyes: Another Chief Turret Gunner rate from Mustang Guy, thanks! LEE: Perhaps the history of Coxswain pre-dates Naval Records?

post-837-1226592412.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ermm.gif World War Two rate for Chief Petty Officer rated as an Electrician with three gold hash-marks for 12 years service with good gonduct, from the collection of Mustang Guy, thanks, Jason! ermm.gif

post-837-1228019918.jpg

think.gif Here is a Mustang Guy rate for a Petty Officer 2nd Class Sailmaker's Mate. Thanks, Jason!

Anyone have any thoughts on "left-looking" Sailmaker's Mate rating badges? The rate was disestablished in 1939. There are a good number of these around.

-dan

Hi Dan,

Yes I thought the same thing, I have a pre ww2 cook also with the eagle facing the other way. I will show a picture.

post-2501-1228252952.jpg

Jason

Jason,

I like the reversed specialty mark. I'm looking for one if anyone has an extra.

-dan

• 3 weeks later...
:think: An 1886 rate for Quartermaster 2nd Class next over is an 1897 rate for Boatwain's Mate 1st Class. It has to be very difficult to locate these rates to acquire them, especially now with many more collectors branching out into Coast Guard and Navy rates. Thanks again, Mustang Guy! :think:

Fantastic Quartermaster rating badge. Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to thank Sarge for posting some of my rates for reference. I have a snapfish account which is free with hundreds of rates posted.

You have to join to view them but its easy and free to do so. The link I'm posting will take you to my ww2 and some post ww2 rates. I have two others on there also, which you should be able to access them when you log on. I hope you will enjoy this.

Jason

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al...67/t_=130092367

Hi,

I would like to thank Sarge for posting some of my rates for reference. I have a snapfish account which is free with hundreds of rates posted.

You have to join to view them but its easy and free to do so. The link I'm posting will take you to my ww2 and some post ww2 rates. I have two others on there also, which you should be able to access them when you log on. I hope you will enjoy this.

Jason

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al...67/t_=130092367

I've been there, Jason

Great rating badge collection!

-dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the kind words, you have a incredible collection yourself. I add another album this morning, it consists of post ww2-current. There's about I think 360 rates and striker in that album. I would like to caption everything so people can come and use this as a reference.

Jason

;) Mustang Guy got a really very unusual rate for a Chief Steward, perhaps made in Spain? Notice the upper half of the eagle's wings. Thanks, Jason! ;) Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1232156547.jpg

post-837-1232156561.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
:) Mustang Guy mentioned to me about some rates being offered in an online auction, not eBay, these were almost all NAVAL AVIATION PILOT rates for CPOs and petty officers, but take a really hard look at them and you tell us which look authentic and which of them look rather suspicious? Your opinions welcomed here! :) Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California

post-837-1235332391.jpg

post-837-1235332401.jpg

post-837-1235332422.jpg