Looking info on veteran SEABEE uniforms

surdescharbonsardents

surdescharbonsardents

Hello, I am looking for more information about seabee.
Its assignment unit, its theater of operation etc ...

Thank you in advance.
Thierry

I found that, but no more. What do you think ?

February 7, 1950
The News-Chronicle from Shippensburg,
Pennsylvania · Page 2
Publication:
The News-Chronicle
Issue Date:
Tuesday, February 7, 1950
Page 2
LONG ILLNESS FATAL TO NEWVILLE VETERAN Norman G. Morgan, 42, veteran World War
II, died at his home, ' East Main St., Newville about i p.m. Saturday, after a rather ion illness. .Mr.
Morgan was employed as aj pharmacist for a number of years tV,o Armstrnno- Drill store ill
Newville, now the Community Drug , . store. After his discharge from service he worked for some
time at New Cumberland Army depot a pharmacist. He was a graduate of Temple university sctiool
of pharmacy. A member of the First Baptist church in Lewisburg where he formerly resided, Mr.
Morgan also held memberships in the Big Spring lodge No. 361, A. F. and A. M., Hamilton-Meyers
Post No. 6070. v.i.. t Fr;m War and ! Failor-Wagner Post 421 of the American Legion, all of
Newville. He is survived by his wife. Mrs. Isabclle Miller Morgan, and his mother, Mrs. Laura S.
Morgan of Lewisburg.
The Rev. W. E. Waybright. nas-I of Zinn Lutheran church, Newville, and the Rev. Paul F. Curfman,
former pastor of the church, will officiate at services to be held Wed-i nesdav at 2 p.m. from the
George Rearick funeral home in Newville. Interment will be in Prospect Hill cemetery, Newville.
Friends 'will be received 'at the funeral home from noon until 2i p.m. on the day of the funeral.

ww2_hu10.jpg

ww2_hu11.jpg

ww2_hu13.jpg

surdescharbonsardents

Good evening,
A huge thank you to you "shrapneldude", because I finally have the information I was looking for a long time. In addition you give me the picture. You are really exceptional. Thank you so much. I'm really happy with that information.
Thierry

surdescharbonsardents

Thank you for all his information, but I have a hard time understanding what marked it.
Thanks for the future help.
Thierry

shrapneldude

Thank you for all his information, but I have a hard time understanding what marked it.

Thanks for the future help.

Thierry

Hi! Apologies -- this photo and caption are from a book called, "Young American Patriots; The Youth of Pennsylvania in World War II," published after World War II and separated by county of enlistment. I found this on Ancestry.Com

"SK 3/c" is Storekeeper, Third Class -- the same rank insignia that is on the uniform -- crossed keys and one stripe under an eagle.

The "CB" Cuff striker patch stands for Construction Battalion, also indicated by the SeaBees patch and there are other members here who specifically collect and study the Seabees in World War II who can help you more with unit history and deployments and such,