Help with patches on woodland 1st ID uniform

Hello, I bought this at Goodwill today and would like to know what some of these patches are. I know the one patch is 1st Infantry Division but have no clue about the patch on the right side and on the collars. Also, is the American flag patch supposed to be above the 1st ID patch?

Thanks,

Jacob

post-162535-0-72624200-1490980792_thumb.jpg

Check out my website: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

He is a CW4 according to the rank pictured.

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Does the flag have a white border or is that just an effect of the camera flash? I've never seen a flag patch with a white border on a uniform.

To answer your question about placement below the patch, yes, that is the way they were worn in the early GWOT period right after the war in Afghanistan started. The flag wasn't switched to the place above the patch until after 2004, shortly before BDUs were replaced by ACUs.

The MI BOS on the Warrant officer was done some time in 2000 - 2001 IIRC. Prior to that all Warrants wore the Warrant Officer BOS insignia regardless of their actual branch assignment or MOS.

Many people don't know that MI has the 2nd highest number of warrant officers in the Army, second only to Aviation.

Martin

Englewood, CO

US Army 1980-2005

Does the flag have a white border or is that just an effect of the camera flash? I've never seen a flag patch with a white border on a uniform.

To answer your question about placement below the patch, yes, that is the way they were worn in the early GWOT period right after the war in Afghanistan started. The flag wasn't switched to the place above the patch until after 2004, shortly before BDUs were replaced by ACUs.

The MI BOS on the Warrant officer was done some time in 2000 - 2001 IIRC. Prior to that all Warrants wore the Warrant Officer BOS insignia regardless of their actual branch assignment or MOS.

Many people don't know that MI has the 2nd highest number of warrant officers in the Army, second only to Aviation.

Thank you for all the information! The flag has a yellow border, it's just the lighting.

Jacob

Check out my website: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Does any one know an approximate value on this?

Jacob

It doesn't have any badges such as Jump Wings Pathfinder etc. so I would say its not worth much.

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Does any one know an approximate value on this?

Jacob

There's a lot of patched and semi-patched stuff like this at my local surplus store.... usually priced anywhere from $15-$30.

To answer the question above, there were white bordered US flags used at times. This may have been locally procured in Italy or at the PX.

Fat 5.jpg

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif