Help with patches on woodland 1st ID uniform

No Quarter

Hello, I bought this at Goodwill today and would like to know what some of these patches are. I know the one patch is 1st Infantry Division but have no clue about the patch on the right side and on the collars. Also, is the American flag patch supposed to be above the 1st ID patch?

Thanks,

Jacob

post-162535-0-72624200-1490980792_thumb.jpg

Flag is in right spot, this individual was a warrant officer, military Intelligence, and the shoulder patch is Army Material Cmd. if I remember correctly.

Flag is in right spot, this individual was a warrant officer, military Intelligence, and the shoulder patch is Army Material Cmd. if I remember correctly.

Thank you!

Jacob

Does the flag have a white border or is that just an effect of the camera flash? I've never seen a flag patch with a white border on a uniform.

To answer your question about placement below the patch, yes, that is the way they were worn in the early GWOT period right after the war in Afghanistan started. The flag wasn't switched to the place above the patch until after 2004, shortly before BDUs were replaced by ACUs.

The MI BOS on the Warrant officer was done some time in 2000 - 2001 IIRC. Prior to that all Warrants wore the Warrant Officer BOS insignia regardless of their actual branch assignment or MOS.

Many people don't know that MI has the 2nd highest number of warrant officers in the Army, second only to Aviation.

Does the flag have a white border or is that just an effect of the camera flash? I've never seen a flag patch with a white border on a uniform.

To answer your question about placement below the patch, yes, that is the way they were worn in the early GWOT period right after the war in Afghanistan started. The flag wasn't switched to the place above the patch until after 2004, shortly before BDUs were replaced by ACUs.

The MI BOS on the Warrant officer was done some time in 2000 - 2001 IIRC. Prior to that all Warrants wore the Warrant Officer BOS insignia regardless of their actual branch assignment or MOS.

Many people don't know that MI has the 2nd highest number of warrant officers in the Army, second only to Aviation.

Thank you for all the information! The flag has a yellow border, it's just the lighting.

Jacob

Manchu Warrior

Does any one know an approximate value on this?

Jacob

It doesn't have any badges such as Jump Wings Pathfinder etc. so I would say its not worth much.

Does any one know an approximate value on this?

Jacob

There's a lot of patched and semi-patched stuff like this at my local surplus store.... usually priced anywhere from $15-$30.

To answer the question above, there were white bordered US flags used at times. This may have been locally procured in Italy or at the PX.

Fat 5.jpg