"Haunted" Militaria Items... What's your take on them?

ParanormalTrooper

Haunted Militaria Items: Real or Just Stories?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do "Haunted" items exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please specify)

ParanormalTrooper

Hello!

I've heard some crazy things about haunted items recently, from uniforms being moved to helmets being dragged across the floor to hats flying off of shelves. Some of these have come from fellow collectors but most of them from dealers trying to sell an item as haunted.

So do you think there are really haunted items out there, or are people just telling stories and dealers trying to get a quick buck?

Do any of you guys own an item you think might be haunted?

vintageproductions

There are already a lot of threads about this subject.

You may want to check them out.

Use the search terms "Haunted" and "Paranormal". I believe we had at least two threads that got rather lengthy on the subject.

You will find opinions both pro and con, and some very interesting stories.

ParanormalTrooper

Welp, that was quite a way to spend 4 hours...

I mustve read about 500 posts, not even kidding.

Now, the current time is 1;01 AM... I wonder how long it'll take me to fall asleep after reading all of that!

No, it's all in the imagination

If you dont know the history of an item, you have less chance on imagining where it's been , less chance on imagining a horrific or haunted event.

If a helmet with documentation was verified to be the same helmet Adolph Hitler wore during his last days, then people will get a vibe or strange feeling of being haunted by the object, because it's connection to a famous / evil person.

or an actual helmet from a camp guard from "Auschwitz" that would send chills down a persons spine just being in the same room with something like that.

If the helmet was in mint "unissued" condition, it would not be as scary, since it was probably never used in war.

• 2 weeks later...
northcoastaero

Interesting subject. I honestly believe that many of these experiences are real.

There would probably be a debate on the source of these experiences based on one's

faith/religion/spirituality/form of worship/etc. I have read in the past that

experiences such as ghostly encounters and hauntings are actually evil spirits that

are making themselves out to be our deceased fellow humans, etc. In the past, I have

participated in ghost hunting. I gave that up several years ago as I no longer wish

to investigate familiar spirits, etc. I guess that I watched too many Scooby-Doo

cartoons on Saturday mornings instead of spending more time with the Lord.

Reincarnation is probably real also, depending on the faith/religion/spirituality/

form of worship/etc. that one chooses to belong to (if any).

The following books, movie, and television program come to mind:

Ghosts of the Air - A book by Martin Caidin. I own one of the earlier editions.

Soul Survivor The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot - A book about USN

F4U Corsair pilot, etc.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157781-world-war-two-fighter-pilot-reincarnated/?hl=%2Breincarnation+%2Bfighter+%2Bpilot&do=findComment&comment=1225894

Patton - A 1970 movie about General George S. Patton starring George C. Scott.

The Twilight Zone episode The 7th Is Made Up Of Phantoms. Season 5, episode 10.

12/06/1963.

You know, I once had a dream that I was leading a unit of troops during the Indian Wars. We came up to this deserted town and tried to find the residents, but had no luck. Then, out of nowhere, we were ambushed and swarmed by a war party. I ended up taking an arrow in the heart, and my men were all standing above me crying, and I was crying too. I actually felt like I was dying, the pain was overwhelming. When I woke up, I was sweating bullets and still kind of hurt. It took a second to remember who I actually am in real life.

It was a crazy experience, to say the least. Do I believe in reincarnation? I don't know; but I'm not ruling it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Sgt. BARney

I just won a really nice (I thought) studio portrait of a WW2 Marine in dress blues. No one else bid on it, which is surprising as it always seems there are a few of us that collect these.

Any way, I got it for the min bid - 3.99 - with shipping listed at 2.67. Sooooooo the total came to $6.66 !!!

Should I be worried!?!?!

I just won a really nice (I thought) studio portrait of a WW2 Marine in dress blues. No one else bid on it, which is surprising as it always seems there are a few of us that collect these.

Any way, I got it for the min bid - 3.99 - with shipping listed at 2.67. Sooooooo the total came to $6.66 !!!

Should I be worried!?!?!

No, just send it to me! (See my screen name)

Sgt. BARney

Sir Charles - thanks for the suggestion, but which ones are the professionals - the originals or the remakes?!?!?

And Beast, as I read your comment, I could hear an evil "Bwah ha ha ha ha" in the background. How'd you do that?

Sir Charles - thanks for the suggestion, but which ones are the professionals - the originals or the remakes?!?!?

And Beast, as I read your comment, I could hear an evil "Bwah ha ha ha ha" in the background. How'd you do that?

Sgt. BARney,

You never know when I'm near!

post-203-0-27370900-1494266990_thumb.jpg

Wharfmaster

The only militaria in my collection that haunts me are the few items I paid way too much for.

Wharf

The only militaria in my collection that haunts me are the few items I paid way too much for.

Wharf

Ha! Yes, I've heard the mocking laughs from those items. I bought an old sword at an auction (it looked good from the back of the room!) that turned out to be a "Made in China" special. I finally sold it at a yard sale just to get rid of it.