The ROARING TWENTIES (1939) film "German Trench Helmet"

BOLO

Then was COMBAT, forgot about that, they did use the M16/M18s, but as far as I can see from an image search, but used Mock Ups more often than not, again, what no real ones, WWII M35-M40, M42,they simply  could,nt lay they're hands on any!, maybe they really didn't know the difference???? curious right.

m16.jpg

This guy appears to have a Spanish helmet as you can see what looks like a hole in the front where a clip would have been...It's also lacking the suspension pins found in the temple areas of true Wehrmacht helmets, seen on the other helmet in the picture....

Combat_mg.jpg

This guy is likely wearing the same style helmet....Bodes

juuii.jpg

Here's a Spanish helmet with piece mounted to the front....

spacer.png

Here's a same type worn in Hogan's Heroes, though Sergeant Schultz's was a real one, an M42, not sure if the tricolor shield decal was original though, those were ordered removed by the time they were made.

image.png

41 minutes ago, patches said:

Here's a same type worn in Hogan's Heroes, though Sergeant Schultz's was a real one, an M42, not sure if the tricolor shield decal was original though, those were ordered removed by the time they were made.

Some M42's were double decaled....Polizei for instance....I agree Schultz (John Banner's) helmet and Luftwaffe decal appear to be original wartime production....However the tri-color has a noticeable white border, which denotes it as being a reproduction....

Original wartime M42 Army/Air Force helmets are said to have been issued in limited numbers, but 1940 regulations called for that decal (tri-color) to be covered or removed for the remainder of the war....This wasn't something that was always enforced however...Bodes

12 minutes ago, Bodes said:

I agree Schultz (John Banner's) helmet and Luftwaffe decal appear to be original wartime production....However the tri-color has a noticeable white border, which denotes it as being a reproduction.....Bodes

spacer.png

On 10/3/2020 at 1:11 AM, kammo-man said:

Look when we were young pups and not big dogs this is how the Germans looked
Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Hasbro was selling the Germans short, or just selling short Germans....Bodes

• 6 months later...

Two helmets from the 1980 movie The Big Red One.

One on Siegfried Rauch, a real M42, chin strap and all albeit with a phony Eagle Shield Decal.

mmture.PNG.48657eb1def837f4602f5422401f9873.PNG

And one, probably a prop, that potato masher certainly is, as is the boot its shoved in.

mmmture.PNG.fb3ab81d0017c7853bb90c7fed05a9bd.PNG

• 6 months later...

German M35 or 40? used in the tv show RAT PATROL , the helmet looks like it was used by Spain because it has the front bracket for insignia and the show was filmed in Spain, so they would have had access to surplus for the prop dept.

2015-05-24_120751.jpg

2015-05-24_120723.jpg