4th MarDiv USMC greens found on the way home

Havent bought anything lately but stopped into an antique shop on the way home and saw this named set of USMC greens hanging there and I could not leave them. Marines first name was Hobart from North Carolina if I've done my research right.

post-10864-0-23246200-1490823413.jpg

I SEARCH FOR, RESEARCH, AND PRESERVE WWII USMC COMBAT GROUPINGS; NAMED AND PATCHED BLUES AND ALPHA UNIFORMS; MEDALS; SWORDS; AND CLASS RINGS FROM THE CITADEL MILITARY COLLEGE IN CHARLESTON, SC.
http://No_outside_hosting.us/scaled/landing/191/americanheritagebanner.png

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Awesome H&S Btry 14th Marines. He was designated a machine gunner. Likely what would today be considered local security within a battery's position. Very cool.

donation2012.gif

Always looking for quality WWI and WWII USMC items. Particularly 4th Marine Brigade related items, medals, uniforms helmets ephemera, Also WWII USMC items including uniforms, medals, etc. to combat veterans especially Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima. Let me know what you have. Semper Fi

Appears to have made all the division's campaigns as well.

donation2012.gif

Always looking for quality WWI and WWII USMC items. Particularly 4th Marine Brigade related items, medals, uniforms helmets ephemera, Also WWII USMC items including uniforms, medals, etc. to combat veterans especially Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima. Let me know what you have. Semper Fi

Nice find. Your lucky day

Nick

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

thanks guys and thanks for the unit history info. I was unable to locate his service number so I guess I will have to wait to order his records. Would be interesting to see his duty assignments and locations and whether he received any awards. Finding good named USMC sets at junk places is a rare occurrence in my experience. Lots of army air corps stuff out there but never ww2 combat patched USMC uniforms for sale at antique / flea markets - cause I always keep and eye out for them. If anyone else comes across more info, pls let me know.

I SEARCH FOR, RESEARCH, AND PRESERVE WWII USMC COMBAT GROUPINGS; NAMED AND PATCHED BLUES AND ALPHA UNIFORMS; MEDALS; SWORDS; AND CLASS RINGS FROM THE CITADEL MILITARY COLLEGE IN CHARLESTON, SC.
http://No_outside_hosting.us/scaled/landing/191/americanheritagebanner.png

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif