help about grouping uniform AAF

txuko

Hi guys,

Sorry, I still can not differentiate the ww2 / korea uniforms and I have doubts about this AAF uniform of sergeant.

Are allowed the Service Stripes in the AAF during world war two?

Is it really a WW2 uniform?

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Armand

seargent_uniform_3.JPG

seargent_uniform1.jpg

seargent_uniform2.jpg

sargent_uniform_pant.JPG

By the KW, the Air Force was its own branch, and no longer part of the Army. I think that the USAF blue uniform would have been in effect by that time, but I have had post-WWII AF uniforms in OD, but IIRC, they had the USAF patches. I'd say this is a WWII uniform. Obviously, I'd look at the dates on the rags too, which will give a clue.

Definitely WW II. Very nice.

It is not transition period uniform, the stripes would be different and there would be unique colar brass.

Are the buttons plastic under the Ike Jacket?

Nack,

The Air Force Blue Shade 84 uniform is approved by President Truman in 1948. The uniform is phased in through attrition, meaning that old OD uniforms would need to be turned in and the new uniform issued. By March of that year, the Air Force Uniform Board had authorized the new stripes, which are unique to OD transition uniforms and the process gets sped up by beginning of 1949, so it is possible that an OD uniform might still have been worn by Korea but not likely by a senior NCO who has to be an example to his troops.

It looks like a post war 46 Pattern Ike Jacket. The square tab at the waist with a single snap is the biggest tell. There should be an inside pocket with a tag that will give the dates. Also the shirt has shoulder loops, that also looks post war, but could be a PX buy. A very nice set. Is it named?

Ed

It looks like a post war 46 Pattern Ike Jacket. The square tab at the waist with a single snap is the biggest tell. There should be an inside pocket with a tag that will give the dates. Also the shirt has shoulder loops, that also looks post war, but could be a PX buy. A very nice set. Is it named?

Ed

Hello,

The tag don't have the dates, In the shirt I can see E.H. Keck and the Jacket KECK 6977 and inside pants 6546977.

I found with ID 06546977:

KECK, EDWARD H.

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR: 4 October, 1945

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL: National Guard in Federal Service, within 3 months of Discharge

Thanks very much guys for the help.

When I get home tonight, I will check one of my 46 pattern jackets and let you know where to check for the makers tag. I don't remember off the top of my head. Looks like you found your guy..

When I get home tonight, I will check one of my 46 pattern jackets and let you know where to check for the makers tag. I don't remember off the top of my head. Looks like you found your guy..

You should look inside the right hand side interior pocket. There should be/was a tag in there that will give the specifications for your jacket. Should have something like " Patt Date May 24,1946". There will be size and maker one the tag too. It is however, quite possible the tag is missing all these years later.

Anyway cool jacket, and maybe you can restore the ribbon rack on it some day.

Ed

[quote name="flyboy53" post="2312104" timestamp="

Nack,

The Air Force Blue Shade 84 uniform is approved by President Truman in 1948. The uniform is phased in through attrition, meaning that old OD uniforms would need to be turned in and the new uniform issued. By March of that year, the Air Force Uniform Board had authorized the new stripes, which are unique to OD transition uniforms and the process gets sped up by beginning of 1949, so it is possible that an OD uniform might still have been worn by Korea but not likely by a senior NCO who has to be an example to his troops.

Thanks much! ?

Christopher

Edward H Keck

Enlisted July 25, 1931

Released August 11, 1934

Enlisted October 5, 1934

Released January 31, 1962

No date on the label.

Regards.

ike_label.jpg