1940 Dated Canteen Cover Time Capsule

WWII_GI

Picked this one up last month and I have to say it is the nicest 1940 dated canteen cover I have ever seen. This thing shows virtually no wear! The canvas is a very nice pea green and the makers mark is nice and crisp. It came with a minty WWI era canteen cup and I added a 1918 canteen for display. I wonder where it's been for the past 77 years...

Enjoy!

-Steven

post-104606-0-37725700-1490591123.jpg

Wow, what a beauty! And the makers of the only 1940-dated Covers I've ever seen...

post-3226-0-28733100-1490593253_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a beauty! And the makers of the only 1940-dated Covers I've ever seen...

Thank you! Yes it's the only maker I have ever seen, have another just like it but a little more worn. Also have a couple minty 1940 Musette bags that interestingly have the same pea green colored canvas.

-Steven

iron bender

Does LUB. PRODUCTS happen to stand for Lubbock? I've always wondered about this. I'm currently looking for a WW2 Dallas phone book so I can find the address of Crawford Mfg., as they made Griswold bags. 99% certain they'd be located in my very near neighborhood.

Nice set. It def did not make it to war!

Hello

Sorry but there is a laundry number on the bottom.

I have seen mint set like these on flight crews grouping

phantomfixer

Very nice web gear.....

well...laundry number does not mean it did or did not go to war...only that it was issued...very well could have stayed in the states or any other non operational area...

TheMinistryOfAviation

Mint set with a laundry number..

kinda sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

-Jeremy