Photographic Evidence Of Large Size 3rd ID Insignia In WWII

Bugme

What about the picture in Mark Reynosas book M-1 helmets in WWII on page 100, theres a 3rd ID guy bending down bandaging up a mules ankle or something!...anyways the 3rd ID insignia on the side of the helmet looks pretty big...anyone see that one, not sure if I should scan it and post it... think.gif ..mike

Excellent picture (I don't have a way to scan it either). Definately larger than the original photo discussed in this thread. Don't worry, no more ratios or measuring insignia... crying.gif

Mike, if the pic belongs to the National Archives or Signal Corps, I don't see a problem posting it here. It's different from posting a table, drawings or other published content that has been developed by an author especially for a book in particular, or any other images that are not of public domain.

What about the picture in Mark Reynosas book M-1 helmets in WWII on page 100, theres a 3rd ID guy bending down bandaging up a mules ankle or something!...anyways the 3rd ID insignia on the side of the helmet looks pretty big...anyone see that one, not sure if I should scan it and post it... think.gif ..mike

• 1 month later...

First time I see one like this in Southern France!

French woman pouring wine for appreciative American soldiers in celebration of the liberation of her town from occupying German forces.

Brignoles, France - August 19, 1944.

post-2686-1227649034.jpg

First time I see one like this in Southern France!

French woman pouring wine for appreciative American soldiers in celebration of the liberation of her town from occupying German forces.

Brignoles, France - August 19, 1944.

ZZIZHCA94AI3XCAHTOE3PCAINKRNHCAL0Y8GXCAC9VTL6CAGE3NR4CA2BCBL7CAW13IQJCANYR94ECAQGGWZTCAI4KMBACAON9SN9CAV9GSW7CAN3XMFCCADVRHPZCAJ4Y03RCA7162HECAXLPVFJCANMULS3.jpg

Another nice piece of photographic evidence for consideration! thumbsup.gif