Original Vietnam corpsman graffiti helmet ! The real deal

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

Now those are some great pictures!! A real gem!

Thanks again Justin

I'll be uploading some more tonight

• 2 weeks later...
tdogchristy90

This photo really packs a punch for me , it's the expression on his face

I'm not too big on Vietnam but I'm LOVIN' this photo.

Same for the OP helmet, not my genre per say but that's one Vietnam piece I'd be proud to own.

ArchangelDM

I'm not too big on Vietnam but I'm LOVIN' this photo.

Same for the OP helmet, not my genre per say but that's one Vietnam piece I'd be proud to own.

Thanks for your kind comments

Some real history here , and a glimpse into what Richard saw and witnessed. Currently his hand written diary is sat in customs with his Purple Heart.

Will post more when it arrives

Happy Easter

Thanks

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
ArchangelDM

Well the package has arrived with the rest and last of Richards items , and boy am I happy.

Me and his family have been talking for some weeks now and his wife very kindly decided for the last of the items to stay with his helmet which I own.

I have been sent his Purple Heart of which he received for his wounds received in a fire fight with the VC , the day and all the info is written in his personnel diary.

His personnel hand written diary with a day by day description of his actions and what he encountered while serving in Vietnam. This is one of those very rare items that tells the actual truth about one corpsmans daily life in Vietnam and what he saw and did.

Some of the pages are splattered with a dark liquid , i believe it could be blood.

I've also been sent his uniform tags , his obituary from a newspaper cutting and his service from the funeral.

I feel blessed to have all of these fantastic items, and it all started with a phone call a couple of months ago. His family have been fantastic and Im very lucky.

Enjoy the pics

Best

Dean

post-8861-0-11473100-1494174803_thumb.jpg

ArchangelDM

Great salty Helmet, looks to have seen more than its share of combat....

He definitely saw his fair share , his diary is an amazing read.

Thanks for the nice comments , nice to know this one was actually there with rock solid provinence

ArchangelDM

I will display his items in a special frame and send pics when it's done.

How should I display the Purple Heart , any ideas

falcon_ib

Incredible provenance on this one. Thank you for keeping us updated as you get more and more info from the family. That diary is amazing as well

ArchangelDM

Incredible provenance on this one. Thank you for keeping us updated as you get more and more info from the family. That diary is amazing as well

Thanks Falcon

His diary is just amazing

Thanks for reading best

Dean

Captainofthe7th

You got a super helmet here, Dean...I love the documentation and that you were able to connect with his wife. It's very nice of her to not only give you more to his story, but send the rest of the 'stuff'!!

Rob

ArchangelDM

You got a super helmet here, Dean...I love the documentation and that you were able to connect with his wife. It's very nice of her to not only give you more to his story, but send the rest of the 'stuff'!!

Rob

Thanks Rob

I put allot of effort in with regards to finding out about him and contacting the family.

Thanks for your kind comments

Best

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
juodonnell2012

Amazing helmet belonging to an amazing Man! I have a helmet with m3/9 written on it with lance corporal insignia on the front. It was done in black paint. I picked it up at a garage sale. I'll have to dig it out of storage and post it as soon as I can. I have so many helmets I need to post here. Sorry for getting off track but again amazing helmet!

ArchangelDM

Amazing helmet belonging to an amazing Man! I have a helmet with m3/9 written on it with lance corporal insignia on the front. It was done in black paint. I picked it up at a garage sale. I'll have to dig it out of storage and post it as soon as I can. I have so many helmets I need to post here. Sorry for getting off track but again amazing helmet!

Thanks for the kind comments , I'm

Currently reading his diary. It's a great read