Original Vietnam corpsman graffiti helmet ! The real deal

ArchangelDM

ArchangelDM

Absolutely awesome helmet. Navy Corpsman have a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

-Rich

Nice one Dean! Really great helmet!

Rick

Just a righteous cover, has everything you could wish for.

Larry

Freakin awesome cover!

Ronnie

One of the few nam helmets that you can just look at and tell that its right as rain on here. Nice one.

Guys thankyou so much for all of your comments and time taken to add to my thread ,

You guys are awesome !

ArchangelDM

Fantastic, you have been on fire lately!

Please tell me I didn't miss this on ebay.

This one was on eBay , literally as soon as I saw it I couldn't press the buy it now quick enough

My mouse literally melted

ArchangelDM

Agreed with everyone.

A great real piece.

owen

Thanks Owen

So nice to hear what I was thinking when I bought it from the forum community.

Once again thankyou all

ArchangelDM

Ok I have the most amazing update

I have just been speaking with His wife , and what an amazing woman. She is going to help with the history of her husband and the helmet.

He was with the 3rd battalion , 9 marines senior corpsman Hence the 3/9 written on the helmet.

She will be writing up about the helmet and his history out there. He was actually injured in a paddy field in the knee by schrapnel and got a purple heart.

Fingers crossed there may be some photos of this brave man out in Nam.

I'll update as this unfolds.

Man I feel so lucky with the history of this helmet

ArchangelDM

Wow great helmet and can't wait to see the follow up with the history.

Congrats!

Troy

This helmet and cover keeps getting better...cant wait for more updates and hopefully a period photo of him....mike

Thanks Troy and Mike

I'm really excited , for once i have a used in country piece with provenance from his wife and hopefully photos and more great info to follow. The history on this one is amazing

So so lucky

What a great find, and now to have contact with the family and there support in researching the man. This kind of thing doesn't come up often, simply beautiful.

Congrats!!!!

ArchangelDM

What a great find, and now to have contact with the family and there support in researching the man. This kind of thing doesn't come up often, simply beautiful.

Congrats!!!!

I'm so lucky,the wife is just so lovely and has said will help with info on her husband

Thankyou

ArchangelDM

Was his wife the person who that sold it?

Funny enough no. He died 2014 I believe and his items where shared between his family

I have acquired 2 of his uniform from an on line auction. One is his Marine Alpha jacket with a HM3 rate and the other is his Navy uniform with a HM2 rate. I was able to get his record from the National Archives. They show he started out with H&S Co., 2nd Med. Bn., 2nd Marine Div. in N.C. from 6 Jan. 65 to 21 Feb 66. He then went to 3/9 Marines 16 May 66 to 23 Apr. 67, After that he was stationed at USNH Newport R.I. 27 Oct. 67. When I received his uniforms they did not have his ribbons. His records show he received the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Presidential Unit Citation, Good Conduct Medal, National Service Ribbon, Vietnam Service Medal w/ 2 stars, Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation, Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation Civil Action. I added the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal as he would have received that also.

post-18936-0-24078400-1491091060_thumb.jpg

ArchangelDM

I have acquired 2 of his uniform from an on line auction. One is his Marine Alpha jacket with a HM3 rate and the other is his Navy uniform with a HM2 rate. I was able to get his record from the National Archives. They show he started out with H&S Co., 2nd Med. Bn., 2nd Marine Div. in N.C. from 6 Jan. 65 to 21 Feb 66. He then went to 3/9 Marines 16 May 66 to 23 Apr. 67, After that he was stationed at USNH Newport R.I. 27 Oct. 67. When I received his uniforms they did not have his ribbons. His records show he received the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Presidential Unit Citation, Good Conduct Medal, National Service Ribbon, Vietnam Service Medal w/ 2 stars, Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation, Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation Civil Action. I added the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal as he would have received that also.

Extraordinary!

I'm In touch with the wife of Richard and really getting some amazing info on him , he was indeed a great man.