401st GB pilot uniform with rare sewings

txuko

Hello guys...

I need help about pilot winter uniform of 401st BG.

Only have a AAF patch on the right shoulder with hand sewing.

The buttons are sewn with a rare method I only see on german world war 2 uniforms.

Inside or outside the uniform there are no signs that other patches have been removed.

What is your opinion?

Thanks for advance.

1.jpg

0.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Garandomatic

It isn't unusual to have uniforms that lack the numbered air force patch. Might be that they only wore it stateside, either before or after. I've got a 12th af fighter pilot with three kills, and his only patch is 1st AF on the left, and I've got two bomber KIAs, both jackets just have the regular usaaf patch.

As for the rings holding buttons on, I've not seen an officer with them, but several enlisted uniforms from wwi and wwii in my collection have them. Not extremely common, compared to normal sewing, but they're out there.

Were you speaking about the rings in general, or that exact type of ring?

It isn't unusual to have uniforms that lack the numbered air force patch. Might be that they only wore it stateside, either before or after. I've got a 12th af fighter pilot with three kills, and his only patch is 1st AF on the left, and I've got two bomber KIAs, both jackets just have the regular usaaf patch.

As for the rings holding buttons on, I've not seen an officer with them, but several enlisted uniforms from wwi and wwii in my collection have them. Not extremely common, compared to normal sewing, but they're out there.

Were you speaking about the rings in general, or that exact type of ring?

Yes, about the rings in general and this exact type of ring I only see on german drillich uniforms.

FJM44_1459.jpg

I found one photo of Lt. Robert E. Jordan members crew dated 1945

rejordan.jpg

One member have a AAF patch on the right shoulder this can confirm the patch on the jordan uniform.

rejordan4.jpg

The uniform is dated 1943.

label_uniform_rejordan.jpg

Christopher

Great uniform! Yes as it has been stated, common to find these where they only wear the AAF patch. I personally love to find these. When I research the name and find where he was stationed after his training is exciting and addicting to me. Great stuff!