Macs Military Artifacts and Collectables - Berkeley Ca

Lawguns

It was suggested by a forum member that I change my intro title and use the one above.

Please let me introduce myself. I am the son of Mac. My father ran a military collectible store for years in Berkeley Ca. Mac passed away in 2015 and per his wishes I have been tasked with selling g his collection. I am hoping that members of this forum can help me identify and value items so that I can determine how to sell them. I would also love to hear from friends of my father. I have a few pictures of my fathers shop before it was all packed up. In closing I would like to say thank you in advance for any help.

post-167020-0-68742600-1490330886_thumb.jpg

post-167020-0-19267300-1490330897_thumb.jpg

welcome aboard

Sorry for the loss of your father.Been there myself.Not an easy task to deal with a large collection.Good luck and Im sure there will be many who will be able to help with inquiries.

Kurt Barickman

Sorry for your loss, was at your Father's store twice in the 1980s when I in the Bay Area.

Kurt

unclegrumpy

I remember Mac from his Ashby Bargain Center days...I think that is what his adjacent shop was called when it was mostly packed and stacked with used furniture...and one small display case with military stuff.

What I most remember, is the 1911 he always openly carried or had next to him with the hammer cocked and locked. Not too worried about peace, love, and understanding...just his cash drawer...which was probably not very full at the time.

Always some fun and interesting conversation to be had, though one did not "win" many arguments!

vintageproductions

Every time I would come to the Bay Area I would always stop by Mac's shop and just sit and talk "shop" with him.

Sorry to hear about your loss! I sadly only got to visit his shop once, but it was an amazing collection of every genre!

easterneagle87

My condolences. I was in the there once, probably 10 years ago. There was some great stuff, but that was before my days of "dispoable" income. Now with the kids out of the house, I wish I could turn back the clock. Enjoy your task! You have treasures!

I remember Mac from his Ashby Bargain Center days...I think that is what his adjacent shop was called when it was mostly packed and stacked with used furniture...and one small display case with military stuff.

What I most remember, is the 1911 he always openly carried or had next to him with the hammer cocked and locked. Not too worried about peace, love, and understanding...just his cash drawer...which was probably not very full at the time.

Always some fun and interesting conversation to be had, though one did not "win" many arguments!

Yes, that was very early. I remember the long discussions when Bing and Susie closed the market on the corner and my parents bought the building. My dad finally got to live his dream and he amassed a large collection after that.

Ed Anderson Jr

Hello Lawguns, Very sorry to hear of MAC's passing as I knew him for over 35 years, had been trying to contact him back in 2015/2016 phone and mail, I hope you and your Mom are doing well. Yours, Ed. Anderson, Jr.

Hello Lawguns, Very sorry to hear of MAC's passing as I knew him for over 35 years, had been trying to contact him back in 2015/2016 phone and mail, I hope you and your Mom are doing well. Yours, Ed. Anderson, Jr.

Thank you very much.

Sorry for your loss. I had the opportunity to stop by by the shop 5 or 6 years ago. I ended up spending an entire afternoon there digging through stuff and talking with your Dad. As we talked he'd remember where something was and send me to search - he'd holler instructions across the room from his chair behind his desk. Your Dad seemed like a really nice man. In my head I can picture the shop as it was then pretty clearly, what an amazing collection.

Thank you for all the kind words. Yes, the shop was a very unique collection. I have many memories of the time I spent in the shop talking to my dad.