Hey, there

gman5004

Hi, everyone. My name is Garrison. I live in the tri cities area of washington state, and I am very interested in Military history, and history in general. I "collect" pieces of modern military kit. I'm 13 years old, and I still dress up to play army every chance I get. (Thank goodness for daylight savings time) I recently aquired a WWI helmet that belonged to my Great great great uncle, who served in the 6th MG battalion in the USMC. I have some questions I'll ask later. Does anybody on here think it would be a good investment to buy a UCP rucksack to store some of my gear? There is a flea market soon, where I can usually get surplus for cheap. Well, thats all for now, have a good day,

Garrison M.

Howdy Garrison, I'm glad that you found USMF! Being that the Army is switching to OCP, UCP gear is getting cheaper and easier to find. There are certainly deals to be had, especially at flea markets, and if you can snag a nice ruck at a good price, I don't see a reason not to. Back when I started collecting I did the same thing, but I was picking up DCU and BDU gear that was being replaced by the ACU.

Whatever you end up doing, good luck, and be sure to post your finds and ask any questions you have! The community here is really friendly and knowledgeable, and it's a great resource for any level of collector.