"Behind Barbed Wire" the story of Stalag Luft I 1946

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I purchased this book a few years ago at a junk sale for $1.00. The book is a first edition tilted "Behind Barbed Wire" and was written by Lt. Morris J. Roy. The book was published in 1946. Well, in reality it has stories of twelve different WWII AAF missions and how they ended up in Stalag Luft I in Barth, Germany. The book has a ton of photo's and art work. All the art work and photos presented in the book were taken or drawn by the POW's at the prison camp. There is also a directory of all the POW's at Stalag Luft I that is arranged by state and has their home town and addresses listed. What is interesting is that at one time this book was thrown away by the US Army Special Services Library and the book is not really in that bad of shape. Maybe the book was thrown away when the Air Force split from the Army. Anyways, it really is an interesting book.

wwiipow010ub7.th.jpgthpix.gif

wwiipow011rm5.th.jpgthpix.gif

wwiipow013rq7.th.jpgthpix.gif

wwiipow014hc0.th.jpgthpix.gif

wwiipow015nv6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Manchu Warrior
Looks like a great book. There are 2 copies on Amazon starting at $165. I guess it has never been reprinted.

I had no idea that the book was that rare and I guess that is why I have not seen a copy on ebay. Regardless of the value it is a great book to read and I just have to remind my boys that the book has some monetary value. Thanks for the information! thumbsup.gif