USAF Security Police Squadrons in Vietnam

Andrei

Ok, this is not my area of interest but I was wandering on Flickr and bumped into some cool pics of Beezman's faves so I decided to open this thread.

Here is the first post :

post-467-1223932155.jpg

Air Force - 12th SPS, Vietnam

Sgt. Cox and ???

post-467-1223932447.jpg

Air Force - 12th SPS, Vietnam

Waiting for C-130 at Pleiku.

From vetfriends.com's photostream

post-467-1223932575.jpg

M113 APC, 37th SPS. Phu Cat Air Base , Vietnam.

From Zippo132's photostream

Also check this link : http://flickr.com/groups/16618081@N00/pool/

• 5 months later...
pwmiraldi67

Hey Andrei

Ive got quite a few of these from a guy, I use to have this guys beret, uniform, boonie and a bunch of stuff, sadley I sold most of it,

p

post-2472-1237784009.jpg

post-2472-1237784027.jpg

post-2472-1237784041.jpg

pwmiraldi67
More, please... w00t.gif

Now I need one of those era beret flash.

Yea me too, Ive never seen one in real life other than Sutherlands here in the photos, yea Id kill to find one, its a shield with a white dove holding an olive branch.

paul

post-2472-1237838594.jpg

Very nice pics ! Beezman and NTS would do anything for a beret like that ! I mean really anything.... :o

Thanks a bunch to Paul for resuscitating this old thread ! thumbsup.gif

pwmiraldi67
Very nice pics ! Beezman and NTS would do anything for a beret like that ! I mean really anything.... :o

Thanks a bunch to Paul for resuscitating this old thread ! thumbsup.gif

Hey No problem I found these in a box while cleaning my office while I was suppose to be working on a paper for school, and though hey these be neat, but I better check to see if anyone else started a thread, dont wanna step on toes :)

Yea AF stuff doesnt get the respect it deserves!! I had a chance to buy a huge Para Rescue photo group but couldnt afford it, too bad it had some awsom pix of guys in Tigers and ERDLs and the guys cert from RECONDO school too, really neat stuff :)

paul

BOB K. RKSS

Camo Jungle uniforms were first in the supply system in 1968, & AF Security were the First to be issued the new camo uniforms.

BOB K. RKSS

Phu Cat was a Fantom base, & when I visted there in 1968 > thought I was back in the States > all buildings were red Brick, streets paved with street Lights, & concret Sidewalks > the AF was living good!

Funny how the beret patch looks eerily familiar to the one worn today by the Security Forces!

-Ski

Yup... the enlisted version anyhoo.

nguoi tien su
Beezman and NTS would do anything for a beret like that ! I mean really anything...

True !!!

Few collectors focus on SP uniforms despite some units really had hard times in VN.

Thanks for this thread !

NTS