Did it again. Pilot number 2

38Driver

Couldn't help myself. Decided to get one more mannequin for my ETO fighter pilot to go with my MTO B25 Bombardier. Another one from Yanks. I must admit I like the sitting guy better than the standing, but he'll do anyway. Part of this is temporary as I want to add a B-10 instead of the B-15 and I'll put my RAF 1941 pattern Mae West on then so he has more of the RAF equipped ETO pilot. Right now he has the RAF Type C helmet and RAF Type D gloves. The B-8 parachute will end up on this guy too as I'm working on getting a more appropriate chute harness for the bomber guy.

This full size GI Joe stuff is kind of fun :)

post-68384-0-75423700-1489817217_thumb.jpg

post-68384-0-49297100-1489817219_thumb.jpg

Very nice display, thanks for sharing.

Full size G.I. Joe is a very fitting description! Hope you don't mind but I am going to use that the next time I am dressing mannequins in our little museum!

CB

nice collection of gear and dig the mixed bag of RAF and AAF....telephone in the background is way cool

That phone hung on the wall of the lumberyard office my grandpa owned in a little town in South Dakota. I remember when it worked :)

Nice display with attention to detail; particularly with the T-44 (I think my nomenclature memory is correct) headphones/mic adaptor.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome Dan.

You never come into the room and see he's changed positions at all over night, right? :blink::D

Now that you mention it, he is on the other side of the room! :)