PATCHED UP BAGS-Let's see yours!

BEAST

One way that many in the military show their service history is by displaying thier units on their helmet bag, map cases, etc. I think this will be an interesting collectible in itself in the future. It has cross over appeal between field gear and insignia.

If you have some to share, please post them. Here is mine from my time in the Air Guard. The 379th AEW and the OIF patch were made in Qatar.

post-203-1223929254.jpg

post-203-1223929261.jpg

I saw your post on the patch board....here is my CVC bag with the patches I sewed on....I never got mine mixed up with anyone elses!

post-2803-1223994003.jpg

I never really sewed on my actual SSI, which is a boring Rainbow (42nd ID)....

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am kind of surprised I haven't seen more bags on this post. Thanks to pzjgr for posting his. Here is my map case that I carried as a Platoon Leader with the 3rd ID and later as a Company Commander with the 84th Division. I didn't like the issue US Army map case, so I found this at a German surplus shop. The Norwegian flag represents the time that I worked with an Infantry Training Bn in Dal, Norway.

post-203-1226177126.jpg

• 2 years later...

It's been a couple of years since I brought this up, so I thought I'd send out the request again. Let's see those patched up map cases and helmet bags!

Spathologist

I'll play. I don't patch stuff up much anymore, but when I was younger I liked a little bling on my stuff.

This is my helmet bag I used from 1990 to whenever I replaced my SPH-4 with the HGU-26/P because the new helmet was too big for the bag (~1997, I think), though I didn't update the bling past 1994 or so....

First side has the SSI from the units I'd been in up to that point, other side has a PDF patch, a couple of ESAF patches, and unit patches from the two 228th battalions that were in Central America at the time.

10oflz7.jpg

k18cc4.jpg

Corpsmancollector

I sadly don't have anything to contribute but wanted to say that this is a fascinating thread! I look forward to seeing more examples :thumbsup:

Will

• 1 year later...

I thought I would bring this back to the top and see if there are any new additions out there waiting to be posted!

Thanks to those who have replied!!

• 9 years later...

Well, I'll try to put some life back in this one. This one is mine, and pretty much has about half of my career on it. Some explanations: The 2 William Tell Meet patches were from 88 and 90, but the 90 team never made it as the meet was canceled, and we were sent to Saudi after transferring 25 Bitburg and Soesterburg F-15s to the Saudi Air Force in the fall of 1990. The Master Technician was an award, and the 1.5 hours was given to me after my first F-15E flight. The 4404th Composite Wing was stood up in Saudi after the war, I spent a lot of time there! I have about 12 more patches to add to the other side, but after 15 years still have not gotten around to it...

Randy

Randy helmet bag.JPG

Thanks, Randy for sharing a part of your Air Force career can't wait to see the finished

patches on your bag.