Why such a high price? 77th Infantry patch

No Quarter

It's an OD Border it's a pretty Scarce variation

Oh, got it. Thanks for the quick response!

Jacob

Garth Thompson

I think 450.00 is way to much IMHO, 250.00 tops.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. This seller historically has prices beyond realistic.

BILL THE PATCH

I noticed, I don't get it when I sell on eBay I want to sell it, not to have something get relisted over, and over and over again. To each his own I guess not trying g to put him down, but it seems like a waste of time and money. Unless it's free insertion fees. Always scratching my head when I see auctions like that.

warcollect1942

E bay doesn't charge unless it sells. I have bought a lot from Pat. He has patches

I can't find anywhere else. Money is not my first concern when I want something.

Finding it is the hardest part.

ocsfollowme

Two to three years ago these were bringing $500 easily on eBay. Maybe 2-3 came up per year.

I have seen about three this pat year in large groupings alone. They come in light blue and dark blue. White back and black back.

People like variations. The OD border really makes the blue pop. To each their own.

Rakkasan187

I wonder if the price has anything to so with the Hacksaw Ridge movie. There always seems to be a trend when a movie comes out about a particular unit the price of the insignia always climbs too..

Not saying that this is the case in this situation, I agree this is a very hard to find OD border patch...

Most certainly out of my price range...

Leigh

Read it again. I didn't refer to anyone in particular.

As a COLLECTOR on this forum, I vehemently defend my right to an opinion, especially in deference to prices offered by dealers or appraisals made on this forum by dealers as a matter of fact. There is a definitely a conflict of interest going on here. Collectors are being given (rather high) values of patches by dealers who themselves profit from their own advice. It doesn't sound right to me......But I digress...... It seems like a lot of people like to throw the arbitrary value of $500 on patches these days.

-Ski

Bottom line the patch is rare and have never seen listed anywhere for 250. If Steve says that he has seen only 3 being offered this past year ,it is a rare patch and highly desireable and is in the ASMIC Most Wanted. As a matter of fact never seen the patch ever sell or be offered for under 300. Not picking a horse here just giving an opinion.

BILL THE PATCH

I've had three over the years and never paid over 150.00 maybe I got lucky. I've been on eBay since 98, never seen one sell for 500.00 of coarse I've might have missed it. Didn't mean to start a S&$# storm.

Forum Manager

Let's focus on the patch and not the personalities .

It's a tough patch to find and sells for good money.

If you don't like the sellers price, you don't have to buy it.

Forum Manager

This thread has been cleaned up with all the fighting taking out of it.

If it starts up again, this thread will be closed.

Actually I do give them beef from time to time! Just ask them about the Tank Destroyer patch missing the cannon........

-Ski

That was my patch, and I am in no way a dealer. If someone wants to ask 500 or 5000 dollars for a patch so what, unless someone else is willing to pay that, it won't move. It always takes two!

That was my patch, and I am in no way a dealer. If someone wants to ask 500 or 5000 dollars for a patch so what, unless someone else is willing to pay that, it won't move. It always takes two!

Of course you aren't a dealer. IIRC, in the thread you were asking the value of the patch, not trying to quote one. The discussion that followed.....well...............

-Ski

If you are a seller you may price your item as cheap or as expensive as you like...if you are a buyer you can buy an item at your price line.This is like going to the movies...you pick it.But we all get to have an opinion...and we all get to voice that opinion...favorable or not.Let's not get personal and keep this about the patche.

I saw one sell last Sunday for $400 at the Hastings NE Show.

Good to know. There are three different blue examples in existence. Maybe the buyer just needed this Hastings show example to complete his collection.

Good to know. There are three different blue examples in existence. Maybe the buyer just needed this Hastings show example to complete his collection.

The buyer had no example of the OD 77th in his collection, so now he has one! I will wait a bit to rock his world by telling him he has 2 others to locate. LOL