IDing Pouch

Chickenpuffball

Chickenpuffball

I got this in a military lot from goodwill. The metal thing included is bendable and came in the pouch. What is this?

FCcmqLW.jpgSyXqUs9.jpg6ByetQS.jpg

I don't know what the canvas pouch is, the the bendable thing is the base for the antenna used on a portable radio, probably for the kind you carry on your back such as a PRC-77.

anelles I do think your right on the an/prc-68 sqd. ldr. radio ...the radio that came after this was the an/prc-126 sqd. ldr.radio...I was a Army 11 Bravo Light Infantry soldier in the mid 1980's and used both types of those small radios for commo between the Infantry squad leaders and the Platoon leader/CO. which had the an/prc-77 for commo...the side pocket on the pouch held the "tape" antenna and flexible base like shown in the pic. and the front pocket held an extra battery for the radio..the two black elastic things went over studs on the front of the radio and helped to keep the radio in the pouch..the little radios also used the same kind of hand-set as the an/prc -77,i always carried two hand sets..the little radios were a little heavy as it clipped to your pistol belt along with your other junk...vince g.11B Inf.

Chickenpuffball

I don't know what the canvas pouch is, the the bendable thing is the base for the antenna used on a portable radio, probably for the kind you carry on your back such as a PRC-77.

Thanks! Were these portable radios common.?

Chickenpuffball

anelles I do think your right on the an/prc-68 sqd. ldr. radio ...the radio that came after this was the an/prc-126 sqd. ldr.radio...I was a Army 11 Bravo Light Infantry soldier in the mid 1980's and used both types of those small radios for commo between the Infantry squad leaders and the Platoon leader/CO. which had the an/prc-77 for commo...the side pocket on the pouch held the "tape" antenna and flexible base like shown in the pic. and the front pocket held an extra battery for the radio..the two black elastic things went over studs on the front of the radio and helped to keep the radio in the pouch..the little radios also used the same kind of hand-set as the an/prc -77,i always carried two hand sets..the little radios were a little heavy as it clipped to your pistol belt along with your other junk...vince g.11B Inf.

Thank you for your response and your service! How would this attach to Alice/LBV? I don't see any Alice clips. :)

simple ,someone took the slide lock keepers(ALICE clips) off the carrier they are easy to replace.. find some extra clips and the radio and your good to go! vince g. 11B Inf

Thanks! Were these portable radios common.?

God I hated those ours were PRC 128's

Squad Leader radio, took up space on the LBE and the headset always got caught as you were crawling or on concertina wire while breaching., the pouch has a snap on the bottom to let the radio sit lower in the pouch or for a bigger Battery box

http://www.prc68.com/I/PRC68FAM.shtml

Chickenpuffball

simple ,someone took the slide lock keepers(ALICE clips) off the carrier they are easy to replace.. find some extra clips and the radio and your good to go! vince g. 11B Inf

Seems easy enough, thanks for the info!

Chickenpuffball

God I hated those ours were PRC 128's

Squad Leader radio, took up space on the LBE and the headset always got caught as you were crawling or on concertina wire while breaching., the pouch has a snap on the bottom to let the radio sit lower in the pouch or for a bigger Battery box

http://www.prc68.com/I/PRC68FAM.shtml

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll check out the website.

• 2 weeks later...