Spokane Washington

Hunter Whittaker

Hunter Whittaker

I will be going to Spokane to visit family soon are there any good shops/surplus stores to visit around Spokane or in Washington in general? thanks!

The Meatcan

Unfortunately, there are no decent surplus stores here anymore. You can poke around the Army Navy store on the corner of Division and Buckeye but they sell mostly camping gear and faux milsurp stuff these days. There used to be a shop or two just over the state line in Post Falls,Idaho.

If you're in Spokane, get down to Riverfront Park to view the Spokane River falls; they are raging this time of year and truly awesome to see!

Terry

What kind of stuff are you looking for? I know the area very well, and even I might have something you are looking for.

General Colt

I have been to Spokane many times. There are not any military related shops, but I have found some cool stuff (original 1943 K ration boxes) at the antique stores in the north side of town.

• 3 months later...

I'll comment here as well, there are a few places you can go all within driving distance.

MeatCan provided one really good place, Army Navy Surplus on Division and Buckeye. Lots of neat stuff, prices are OK, parking is tricky, I've always found some cool items after digging around. The guy that runs the store is pleasant and courteous to talk too. If your in need of a hard to find item he can call around with his contacts and point you in the right direction.

Next place is Army surplus in the valley. Small store room, but the guys that runs the store also restores used military vehicles on the side. Half his store caters to the paintball/air-soft crowd. Again, like above, the guys who runs it is really nice and professional.

There is another store is Best Buy Surplus on Sprague Ave. That one is a true surplus in the sense but not necessarily military surplus as you an find tools, camping supplies, ammo, odd hardware, work clothing and such. Prices are OK, again parking is a little tricky.

Lastly, SOS surplus in Post Falls, ID just across the state line. Giant warehouse looking place, true surplus like Best Buy. Lots of military stuff, prices are debatable, nothing is marked so you might want to ask before buying something. Low lighting, does have camping supplies, guns, ammo, hard to find stuff, etc. Kind of fun to walk around and look.

• 2 years later...

My son and I dropped in on a place in Post Falls that's a real gem, particularly if you're into Civil War era firearms.  It's called Antique Gun Shoppe, Inc., located at 2658 E. Ponderosa Blvd.  (509) 979-4690.  The owner travels to shows so you might call first to make sure he's open.  This shop is half store/half museum and the stuff on display is incredible, spanning from the Indian Wars through Desert Storm.  It's in a residential area, and the shop is next to the owner's house.  There are no signs on the street.  You'll know it by the security gate.

I lived in Spokane for four years, but moved away 15 years ago.  When I lived there, the thrift/second hand stores were really good for military stuff (WWII-modern).  The antique stores were generally above average compared to other parts of the country I've lived in.  But just like any of those kinds of places, its the luck of the draw, especially if your just passing through town.  

There was also a warehouse type surplus store in Airway Heights, just outside Fairchild AFB.  Not sure if its still there, but it turned up some interesting Vietnam and later stuff from time to time. 

EDIT: Forget all that, way MORE important: get a milkshake at Zips.