Navy/USMC H-H Navigator-Observer Wings

Mark M

I found a set of Navy/USMC navigator/observer wings and was wondering if I could get some opinions on them. This is the style that was only authorized from 1945 until 1947. Wings are multi piece construction and maker marked to HH on the reverse. The clutches look like replacements. Any opinions on them, good or bad, would be welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

post-569-1223850049.jpg

Look like a perfectly good set of wings with new clutches.

Paul

Thanks for the thumbs up on them. It is something that is not seen all that often and I thought it best to get a second opinion on them before pulling the trigger.

Regards,

Mark

Nothing wrong with these wings, just a bit worn and tarnished. The Wosk sisters flooded the market with these a few years ago when they liquidated their father's WWII uniform supply company, but these aren't one of those wings, I don't think. I would guess a range of values of between 150-250$ depending on who wants them and how bad.

Patrick

Nothing wrong with these wings, just a bit worn and tarnished. The Wosk sisters flooded the market with these a few years ago when they liquidated their father's WWII uniform supply company, but these aren't one of those wings, I don't think. I would guess a range of values of between 150-250$ depending on who wants them and how bad.

Patrick

Patrick

Thanks - I guess I did ok then at $100.

Regards,

Mark

The Marines re-authorized that wing design again several years ago, so you will find new made examples ment for current wear.

Who is the manufacturer? I had not heard this before, nor have I seen any "new" wings out there. I would have thought that the NFO wing would still be the wing of choice. Anyone know about this?

Cheers,

AW.

Who is the manufacturer? I had not heard this before, nor have I seen any "new" wings out there. I would have thought that the NFO wing would still be the wing of choice. Anyone know about this?

Cheers,

AW.

There was an article in the ASMIC Trading Post about this several years ago. Marine navigators are NCO's, not commissioned officers, so use of the Naval Flight Officer wing would not be appropriate. This, I understand, is why the old Nav wing was brought back. I have not examined a current production Nav. wing, so I don't know who makes them.

There was an article in the ASMIC Trading Post about this several years ago. Marine navigators are NCO's, not commissioned officers, so use of the Naval Flight Officer wing would not be appropriate. This, I understand, is why the old Nav wing was brought back. I have not examined a current production Nav. wing, so I don't know who makes them.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update. NCO's, I was not aware of that. That's why I love this forum, you learn something new everyday :D

Cheers,

AW.