Neat USMC Epaulettes 1920s or 1930s Captain

Pbaczuk

I picked these up yesterday. I understand these might be 1930s. I could not find a hallmark on the shoulder clasps and the 1920s EGAs are only marked "SILVER". There is some wear and tear in the bullion rank insignia but a neat pair overall. These are heavy !

post-162927-0-14626100-1488736351_thumb.jpg

interesting that the Cpt bars are facing the wrong direction.

I have been looking for a set of these and sent you a PM

They do look like they have the wrong orientation. The rank insignia are secured with tiny brads it looks like.

interesting that the Cpt bars are facing the wrong direction.

I have been looking for a set of these and sent you a PM

SgtMaddoxUSMC

nice pick up! Most of the ones I have seen also have the small pins attaching the rank to the braid, so that aspect is correct. Interesting about the orientation though.. perhaps the previous owner found them with the ranks detached and just reassembled them incorrectly or something... who knows!

Yeah, who knows. I have seen many uniform/insignia misplacements in my time... There is a reason for the "Dree blue 'Bralfa' phenom."

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, these are really something. I bought these from Pbaczuk and the patina and the oversized Capt bars are really cool. Super happy to be the new owner and anxious to get them on the uniform I have for them.