AF patches wide variety

jayhawkhenry

jayhawkhenry

I picked up a group of patches yesterday. The Nightwatch patch has Velcro backing the rest do not. 15a18def37ad5ff33a5169a9802e3232.jpgd06c337b5868ec06aa36b0343039edb0.jpgl

These Vietnam patches, I'm not sure about.

8f5ac5d57f414daff84bab3cb3440662.jpgc8eb6c14333f425e7c93ba7fa4f9e83a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firefighter

SEA War Games is Thai made. The 366th Vietnam made.

​Improved Hawk is fro the MIM-23 Hawk.

Hawk was originally intended to attack aircraft, especially those flying at medium and low altitudes. It entered service with the Army in this role in 1959. In 1971 it underwent a major improvement program as the Improved Hawk, or I-Hawk, which made several improvements to the missile and replaced all of the radar systems with new models. Improvements continued throughout the next twenty years, adding improved ECCM, a potential home-on-jam feature, and in 1995, a new warhead that made it capable against short-range tactical missiles. Jane's reported that the original system's single shot kill probability was 0.56; I-Hawk improved this to 0.85.[3]

The ID badge is USMAAGG Taiwan, like PC stated.

jayhawkhenry

Thank you gents, for all of the Information. I did find out that the Improved Hawk patch in an Army pocket patch from 1974, used by one unit out of Peden Barracks, Germany. I appreciate our opinions on the War Games & Gunfighters patches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patchcollector

Some info on "Nightwatch" from Wiki:

The Boeing E-4 Advanced Airborne Command Post, with the project name "Nightwatch", is a strategic command and control military aircraft operated by the United States Air Force (USAF). The E-4 series was specially modified from the Boeing 747-200B. The E-4 serves as a survivable mobile command post for the National Command Authority, namely the President of the United States, the Secretary of Defense, and successors. The four E-4Bs are operated by the 1st Airborne Command and Control Squadron of the 595th Command and Control Group located at Offutt Air Force Base, near Omaha, Nebraska. An E-4B is denoted a "National Airborne Operations Center" when in action.