Korea War Indian head Div French Bn veteran grouping

VALERY

Bonjour,

Late in the morning, around 1030, I visited a little flea market on a supermarket parking in the south suburb of Paris. Among plastic toys and Barbara Cartland'books, I noticed a merrow edge 2nd ID patch with a D Day Normandy 50th anniversary. I thought: here is an other souvenir bought by a tourist who is going to finsih his career here! However, I put my hand in the box and check the stuff inside. Suddenly, in the same time appeared an other 2nd ID patch but flat edge with typical french little snaps sewn in the back and a 23rd ID DI japanese made. :blink: FRENCH BN IN KOREA rang in my head!

Few minutes after, I was the happy owner of this :D :

2h5intx.jpg

Officer BOS insignias seem to be locally made too with the regiment figure added

Here are two pics from the patch and the Korea tab with typical french systems in the back

33peh04.jpg

2u4mpnn.jpg

I could save too the vet named 2nd ID association and his passes during his trip in Korea in 2000.

Perhaps more to follow in a next future!

Cheers

Valery

Wowww Valery!

Nice it fell into your hands!For shure it will be proudly preseved.I hate when stuff like that goes into open auctions to be split.

Nice find there!!!!!

Karl

Excellent! Something rarely seen in the USA, let alone France!

This is the kind of thing that makes you go to "just one more flea market" or "just one more garage sale!"