D-DAY doctors helmet exposed

received today the navy doctors helmet today. along with it the seller included the vets trunk. both the pot and liner are marked DBS (chinstrap and liner sweatband). the trunk is navy grey with the vets info on top and all sides. inside is devided into 3 slots with a pin up under the lid, a map of france taped to one seperator and you can see the manufacture stamp as well. trunk is dated 1943. on top of all this the seller had much additional on the vet and wife. for the money i paid on this i have to say that i am honored to have a part of history such as this. i have contacted jeoff at golden arrow for a records searce and hoping they survived the 73' fire.

post-73-0-98697700-1488655991.jpg

post-73-0-58897700-1488656019.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Nice!

Cant wait to see more pics of the helmet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great set!....lets see a shot of that pin up when you get a chance and a pic of the helmet on top of the trunk!....mike

stealthytyler

Hope you are able to post some of his service records on here for all to see! Didn't the 1973 fire only destroy army records?

Yes, only army records were destroyed in the fire. Navy should be available as long as he was discharged before 1965.

ArchangelDM

Was the trunk painted with the same paint as the helmet? Looks like it!

+ 1

THANKS TROY-------- THIS IS 1 I COULDNT LET GO. IT WAS THERE D-DAY AND SO FAR ALL THE INFO ON THIS VET FROM CIVILIAN TO MILITARY AND AFTER WAR LIFE IS MUCH. I WENT FOR MY LUNGS ON IT BUT, TO HAVE HISTORY IN HAND IS WELL WORTH IT.

USMC-RECON0321

THANKS TROY-------- THIS IS 1 I COULDNT LET GO. IT WAS THERE D-DAY AND SO FAR ALL THE INFO ON THIS VET FROM CIVILIAN TO MILITARY AND AFTER WAR LIFE IS MUCH. I WENT FOR MY LUNGS ON IT BUT, TO HAVE HISTORY IN HAND IS WELL WORTH IT.

I agree, and it's a lot more fun to look at or display than a pile of money anyway! ;)

You can always make more money at work...

Getting an awesome historic piece from the source: priceless.

Hope you are able to post some of his service records on here for all to see! Didn't the 1973 fire only destroy army records?

some air Force though but not like the army

Hai, first congrats with the helmet, really unique and special. the trunk is aka as a USN MD unit trunk, see the att, nice to have both.

regards from the Netherlands!

post-4131-0-23739800-1488809233.jpg

post-4131-0-26819900-1488809253.jpg

Hi

I have to admit that is a really cool Normandy related helmet group...

Thank you for sharing with us.

Regards

Tom