Crosman BB Gun M1 CARBINE Wood Stock 1967 Ever Seen One?

mds308

I came across this toy about 7 years ago. It was during a pre dawn Saturday morning raid. It was on a yard sale table priced at 6 dollars. Early bird.....

The carbine was missing the magazine. I got a great deal on the gun but I paid 95 dollars for the magazine. From what I gathered, the carbine came out in 1967. It had a wood stock but was switched to plastic to save money. I believe wood stock was only for the first year or 18 months. It has a very functional rear site. Can adjust for elevation and wind. It is spring action and is cocked by pushing the barrel into the gun then pulling it back out. The magazine is for storage only. BB's are fed in one at a time. Not to scale. I have seen these sell for over 300 and less than 300. Parts due well too. I've seen magazines bring 50 - 150 each. What do you think about my little friend?

post-165739-0-90231500-1488585082_thumb.jpg

post-165739-0-89512100-1488585092.jpg

post-165739-0-05789800-1488585108.jpg

Wow, cool! I had one of those when I was a kid :)!

Amazing that it still has the sticker on the mag. What a great find, congrats!

Joe

11thcavsniper

I bought a wood stock one at a Gun Show and was carrying it around. I had people stopping me, wanting to look at may M1 Carbine. They thought it was real.

Patchcollector

Nice,and it's in great shape.In the early 70's I bugged my parents for a Model 21 Double Barreled Shotgun style BB gun.It was pretty cool,breaking down just like the real thing.They finally gave in and after owning it for a few days I shot my brother with it.My Mom took it back to the store.I just saw one online for 700 dollars.Suddenly I regret shooting my brother.. :dry:

Here are a few pics of one I found on Pinterest.

post-13386-0-05413900-1488599008_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-99933900-1488599020_thumb.jpg

About 20 years ago my former brother-in-law found the daisy double barrel shot gun at a yard sale (no box). I sold it for him and if I remember correctly I got somewhere between 200-300. They listed high back then too. According to a friend of mine who is a Cap Gun expert, he claims these weren't popular with little kids. They were big, heavy and almost impossible for a youngster to cock. I realized this was true when I tried to cock it. Not easy for a grown man. What kids would do is wedge the barrel end into the ground and cock the gun by kicking it open. This is why many were found with a damaged front site.

Had a crossman carbine(and 45) when I was a kid.My dad found it at an auction.Used it a lot.Had a lite tan hard plastic composition stock.He later started collecting air rifles and all what I had went into his collection.He had a couple original Red Ryders he had as a kid.He had over 300 air guns when they were sold at his estate auction.He had both the Model 21s the wooden stock version is real hard to find.I also fond him the Daisy Military air rifles both the WW1 model and the WW2 model Cadet rifles.nevr found the bayonets though.

Had two of the spittin image winchesters too.One was the Buffalo Bill model.Was just like the Model94 Winchester commerative.I shot the heck out of that rifle.

Recently two friends of mine both sold the crossman carbines they had.One had spent around $60 to have it repaired.

Just for every ones information CROSMAN only has one S.

I'm not trying to be the nerdy spellcheck guy. But it's always good to know.

I saw a nice plastic stock M1carbine bb gun at the sos and should have pulled the trigger on it and bought it ( pun intended).....it was a really nice one with mag and in great functioning shape...wish i grabbed it.....mike

Patchcollector

About 20 years ago my former brother-in-law found the daisy double barrel shot gun at a yard sale (no box). I sold it for him and if I remember correctly I got somewhere between 200-300. They listed high back then too. According to a friend of mine who is a Cap Gun expert, he claims these weren't popular with little kids. They were big, heavy and almost impossible for a youngster to cock. I realized this was true when I tried to cock it. Not easy for a grown man. What kids would do is wedge the barrel end into the ground and cock the gun by kicking it open. This is why many were found with a damaged front site.

You are correct.Even though it was years ago and I only had it for a brief time I do recall that the gun was a pain in the butt to operate,but the "cool factor" was over the top.If I had owned it longer it would have probably ended up in my closet after awhile due to the awkward cocking procedure.I did end up getting a simpler BB rifle a few years later,after my Mom cooled off and I promised not to shoot my Brother again :)

...I promised not to shoot my Brother again :)

lol everyone has accidents every now and again. A couple years ago my friends and I were horsing around, two of us got out of my friends pool and retrieved a BB M4 he had, and he proceeded to shoot the third guy who was still in the pool. The magazine was removed from the rifle, but, evidently, there was still some BBs in the gun. After hearing "pow, pow, pow, pow" you just hear screaming and yelling (I can't repeat the profanity here in good conscience). He was shot in the bare back, and started to bleed. It was just about the funniest thing to us, but the third guy was pretty pissed! We were lucky there were no other guns around, or he would have returned fire!