Army fatigue belt buckles

I have always been curious about certain buckles used by troops in different time periods. Did any of these have a nomenclature? Most ww2 versions are referred as ww1 types. Here are some examples. Please assist. Can someone pinpoint a year each was used and ended. Thanks.

post-126332-0-88820800-1488559267.jpg

post-126332-0-81721400-1488559285.jpg

post-126332-0-19269000-1488559569.jpg

donation2016.gif

• 8 months later...

I have always been curious about certain buckles used by troops in different time periods. Did any of these have a nomenclature? Most ww2 versions are referred as ww1 types. Here are some examples. Please assist. Can someone pinpoint a year each was used and ended. Thanks.

If it is still on a waist belt, then the key in dating it would be by the color of the belt, Khaki, WWII early 50s, OD, late 40s late 50s, Black, late 50s up to current. Bit of an overlap we see in the 40s-50s, but this does give a good thumb sketch. The ones you posted seem all WWII, there difference in appearance we would chalk up to manufacture variations.

The small one on the bottom looks WW1 era.I see these have a patent date on them typically

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Thanks guys. So I take it there was no nomenclature on these like M-99 or whatever? I often see the first pic being sold as WW1 vintage on a few sites. I myself wore those when I was in during the early 80's. I have a gold one similar to the second pic. Was told it was a Marine buckle from the 50's. Thanks again.

donation2016.gif