Mexican Border Service Medal #22223 LT. J.J. FARRINGTON

MMcollector

MMcollector

Is this Mexican border Service Medal within the traceable range? #22223. This example is also named, official Engraving? Private engraving? I've only seen a few named examples in the past. I can't locate a J.J. Farrington outright. I tried James J. Farrington and got results as well as John J. Farrington a few guys in WWI & National Guard but only as Pvt's never an an officer. I would appreciate any help confirming this recipient. Thank you.

post-134470-0-12105500-1488364509.jpg

Looks like privately engraved based on the information from the obit.

Other information about him is available on ancestry. He was 49 years old when he enlisted.

post-130897-0-44262900-1488383847.jpg

post-130897-0-13122500-1488384074.jpg

MMcollector

James J. Farrington of Brooklyn, NY according to the Planchet Press publication.

Thank you for your help!!! Thanks for the article as well!

It was a challenge until I ran into the obit. I kept running into this 49 year old bugler and it didn't make sense to be him given the LT rank on the medal.

MMcollector

It was a challenge until I ran into the obit. I kept running into this 49 year old bugler and it didn't make sense to be him given the LT rank on the medal.

He's one of the 2 results I have by guessing his name was James. I kinda went with it since that's also my middle name but like you mentioned it always showed a low rank. I researched him further and found he was in the Guard on and off for a LONG TIME!

Glad your happy with the medal mate! It was a super nice one i had in my collection! I did have the number confirmed to him so i knew the engraving wasn't done to add value! Glad you were able to find some stuff out about him!