nice colored name tape set on HBT and FJ

korea drab

• 4 months later...

I figure I would add my example. I was going through my uniforms in preparation for an upcoming militara show and was planning on taking this with me to sell. However, I am thinking this might need to go back into the collection.

Anyway, here is my M-1951 jacket with 7th Army on the sleeve and 6th Cav (thanks Matthew Hanne) on the chest pocket. Yellow and green name tape on the right breast which would indicate Armored Cav I do believe.

I figure I would add my example. I was going through my uniforms in preparation for an upcoming militara show and was planning on taking this with me to sell. However, I am thinking this might need to go back into the collection.

Anyway, here is my M-1951 jacket with 7th Army on the sleeve and 6th Cav (thanks Matthew Hanne) on the chest pocket. Yellow and green name tape on the right breast which would indicate Armored Cav I do believe.

AAA.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Infantry Branch Colored tape seen in a 50s movie, that's Jim Backus there as a 1st Division Vet NCO in 1956 The Girl He Left Behind, movie takes place at Fort Ord in the 5th Division.

127896_full.jpg

Hi, recently acquired this hbt jacket.

Belonged to Tampkins.

Embroidered name on red cloth, yellow lettering.

US Army tape is washed out.

It's very similar with Field Artillery personnel in post #33

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 7.46.05 PM.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2017 at 9:18 PM, patches said:

Since this seems to be the main topic on 50s branch colored NAME tapes, I figuerd I post this here.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_10_2017/post-34986-0-47248900-1509239265.png

BG Oscar Koch Asst Div Com 25th Inf Div Korea circa 51-53, note the tape, as a general officer, just what color would one wear? but as we see. a dark color with light color wording, the wording could be in White or a Yellow, have no idea what the base color is of the tape, your thoughts please :D

Repost of dead link 

post-34986-0-47248900-1509239265.png

Infantry Blue Branch Tape on a Custom Made shirt, Shoulder loops and all, Shoulder Loops probably held down by male-female snaps. shirt and tape more than likely West German made when the Varsity Division was stationed there in the 50s.

color tapee.PNG

color tape.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 9:18 PM, patches said:

Since this seems to be the main topic on 50s branch colored NAME tapes, I figuerd I post this here.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_10_2017/post-34986-0-47248900-1509239265.png

BG Oscar Koch Asst Div Com 25th Inf Div Korea circa 51-53, note the tape, as a general officer, just what color would one wear? but as we see. a dark color with light color wording, the wording could be in White or a Yellow, have no idea what the base color is of the tape, your thoughts please :D

Repost of dead photo link.

post-34986-0-47248900-1509239265.png

• 7 months later...

Another M43 HBT in use well into the 50s, Infantry Blue NAME Tape of an Armored Infantry Spec 3 2nd Armored Division in West Germany. Other highlights are the Smooth Face Tack Buttons throughout, the Burst Of Glory Button plates not placed on them right, seen this once or twice in other topics. and the Germen BeVo HELL ON WHEELS Tab.

blue tape.jpg

• 3 months later...

Infantry Blue, 9th Division Officer again, note those same Shoulder Loops like the last 9th Division shirt with Branch Tape we posted.

bluetape.PNG