Cap with bullion badge

Gerradtgrant

I came across this yesterday and really like it because of the bullion badge. It wasn't named nor did it have a makers mark in the cap. They wanted like $35 for it so I passed. Is this an US military cap? Would the value be there because of the bullion?

Thanks,

Gerrad

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

$35 for this cap was a bargain as these are quite rare. It would make a great addition to anyone's sea service collection.

OK what's your rough estimate value on it. It would cost me $15 in gas to get there and back. I want to go get it if it's that rare. I don't want someone else to scoop it up

At $50 I would think you are about at market value; or maybe a bit less than that. These are tough to find, and do have a collector following, but the ATS organization is not as well known as many other military organizations.

Gerradtgrant

So what kind of cap is this actually? Cololab says army but, Lee RAGAN says anyone would like to add it to there sea service collection which indicates navy to me. Can I have a solid answer please.

Gerradtgrant

Why don't you research Army Transport Service and decide for yourself whether you want it?

Umm... I already purchased it. That wasn't my question. But, thank you for the kind response sir.

Gerrad

Gerradtgrant

$35 for this cap was a bargain as these are quite rare. It would make a great addition to anyone's sea service collection.

I know understand your comment. Thank You for all of your help!