stealthytyler

WWII POW Mess Kit & Canteen Prisoner Artwork - AMAZING

Incredible set! Thank you for posting this. I have some etched Pacific POW canteens and mess kits in my collection and they are highly prized by me. The best examples I have seen are from the Pacific. The Germans generally did not allow mess kits and canteens to be taken into the camps they ran.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Do you mind if I move this topic to the POW section in the forum?

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Do you mind if I move this topic to the POW section in the forum?

Kurt

Please do move this to where you think it is most appropriate.

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Incredible set! Thank you for posting this. I have some etched Pacific POW canteens and mess kits in my collection and they are highly prized by me. The best examples I have seen are from the Pacific. The Germans generally did not allow mess kits and canteens to be taken into the camps they ran.

Kurt

Good to hear that there are other examples out there. I would love to see yours!

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Good to hear that there are other examples out there. I would love to see yours!

This thread has my favorite one in it:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229554-wwii-31st-infantry-officer-pow-group-his-gear-from-bataan/

!!!! WANTED !!!!

Wow, what a grouping. I love to hear about all the history behind the set, you are a very lucky guy to own it.

Currently looking for K.I.A. Purple Hearts and Identified groupings to Nebraska and Wyoming veterans.

donation2019.gif

I love the chronology ilustrated too cool! He was talented!

David Turman

Semper Fi !

"Not as Lean, not as Mean, but still a Marine!"

Great POW item! Thanks for sharing it!

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

thanks for sharing and nice work on the research behind such a nice find.

Craig

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Where can I buy this set?

It was sold back in 2017,

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

It was sold back in 2017,

Kurt

I understand that. I would like to trace who it was sold to.

I understand that. I would like to trace who it was sold to.

Paul Golly was my grandfather. I didn't know much about his time as a POW and my mom didn't know about this set. I would like to know more about it. That's why I was asking. Thanks.