Today's USAF patch finds

Bluehawk

At Southside Antique Mall here in town (Joplin), there is one and only one militaria dealer.

Today I picked up:

3rd AAF

4th AAF

Far East AAF

95th A&E

Not the 95th Armament and Electronics Maintenance Squadron! Let's see it.

I have a digital camera, but zero knowledge (yet) of how to do that, Wailuna... much to my distress.

Let me see if I can find somebody here who knows how to do it.

I nearly fell over when I saw it.

• 6 years later...

I would like to revisit this 6 year old post..

May I ask the significance of the 95th A&E patch? The reason I ask is because I have one in my collection. I don't collect US Air Force items but recently discovered that this unit was at Biggs Field in El Paso, Texas where I live...

Leigh

95th Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron (SAC) along with 95th Organizational Maintenance Squadron ( were Constituted, On or Before 4 Jun 1952.The 95th Maintenance Squadron was divided to form 3 functional squadrons effective 16 Jun 1952.This action was to change the unit from a "Table of Distribution" unit were the Command sets the operations and equipment requirements to a Air Force Standardized "Table of Organization" unit (AFOMO Letter 822q 4 Jun 1952 HQ, Department of the Air Force to the Command General, Strategic Air Command) resulting in SAC General Order 33, 10 Jun 1952 to reorganize the Combat Units and Support Squadrons to a standardize organization effective 16 Jun 1952, The Actions with in the 95th Bombardment Wing at Biggs included a Standardize. Equipment and Manpower Authorizations, including the Inactivation of the 95th Bombardment Group all units within the Group transferred to 95th Bombardment Wing under the new Deputy Commander for Operations functions; Inactivation of the 95th Maintenance and Supply Group, all units within the Group transferred to 95th Bombardment Wing under the new Deputy Commander for Maintenance functions;Inactivation if the 95th Maintenance & Supply Group, Maintenance Squadron; reorganization and resignation as the 95th Field Maintenance Squadron, and Activation of the 95th Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron (SAC) and the 95th Organizational Maintenance Squadron. The 95th Maintenance and Supply Group, Supply Squadron was disbanded with the Squadron functions transferred to the newly formed 810th Supply Squadron. With Biggs AFB, being a dual based wing base, The Reorganization including Actionvation of the 810th Air Division with the 95th Bombardment Wing and the 97th Bombardment Wings assigned, Bonth Wings Air Base Groups were disbanded and the units were consolidation and organization of the 810th Air Base Group. The actions (Command Wide) were effective 16 June 1952, with the exception of Several New Units that were being activated at the time were activated under the "Table of Organization" unit concept.

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-0-84591400-1416442171.jpg

post-3627-0-98606300-1416442303.jpg

post-3627-0-55368300-1416442351.jpg