Show your WWII Studio Photographs!

gauthieb3sxz

And one Catherine Kay Air Corps, its dated 1942, but that would be an error right, would be after that when the WACs (Women's Army Corps) were formed from the WAAF (Women's Army Auxiliary Corps), or could WAAFs be assigned to the various Branches in late 1942, like the Air Corps .

Catherine-Kay-Gimbus-portrait-1942.jpg

Lt Phillip. G. Ruhe.

Entered the navy summer 1942, at some point became a Marine,

graduated and earned his wings of a Marine Corps Pilot.

Corpus Christie Texas September 11th, 1943.

This picture is from 1942 when he was a naval aviation cadet.

Flying the Navy PBJ out of Cherry point, NAS Operational training group 81.... Phillip 19 and his 21year old instructor were killed

in an accident December 6th 1943. One mile south of Arapaho NC.

While flying his final check flight before being certified on the PBJ.

Those were the last two in a series of several similar fatal accidents out of cherry point flying the PBJ

In that training group.

He is one of over 15,000 killed in air training during WW2.

post-181333-0-08360500-1575682103_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Unidentified pre-war military academy picture and later wartime picture, Collar brass is Engineer with what appears to be a unit designation, but unable to make it out. Cadet picture was taken in Danville. VA . I'm thinking Hargrave, but who knows...

engineerA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Pro Libertate

My Grandfather:

Langdon H. Carlson

Aviation Chief Machinist's Mate, U.S.N. USS Saratoga (CV-3) (1940-1946)

That's his hat pin and Navy ring there. 

20211210_102955.jpg

On 12/29/2020 at 10:29 PM, patches said:

One more Navyman in a Colorized portrait, here an Aircrewman,, decorations seem to be the Air Medal on the top, Distinguished Flying Cross first ribbon 2nd Row..

5563396b95a7f.image.jpg

1st Ribbon 2nd Row is the Navy Unit Commendation Ribbon (Not to be confused with the Navy Commendation Ribbon)

• 4 months later...
donaldnol
1 hour ago, donaldnol said:

1945 MY DAD ON THE LEFT IN THE CAR 1ST CLASS NAVY SEAMEN ROBERT N. NOLAN

IMG_20220504_0001.jpg

1945.jpg

14 hours ago, donaldnol said:

1945.jpg

Wow Palisades Amusement Park New Jersey, my parents took me and my two sister the summer it closed in 1971.

CHASEUSA11B
On 12/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, Pro Libertate said:

My Grandfather:

Langdon H. Carlson

Aviation Chief Machinist's Mate, U.S.N. USS Saratoga (CV-3) (1940-1946)

That's his hat pin and Navy ring there. 

20211210_102955.jpg

Great picture. He looks like Errol Flynn

• 2 months later...

A portrait of Sabu, back home and now assigned to the 4th Air Force, he was in the 7th Air Force in The Pacific, note he placed his Air Medal before his Distinguished Flying Cross.

Sabu2.jpg

Not a Studio one, but of Sabu in action out there.

EbnR1tCU4AAvWnR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Zack Miller

Mom

Doris Jacobson Neuren, was born in 1922 in Hudson County, New Jersey. Shortly after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Doris enlisted in the WAVES, and did her basic training in Stillwater, Oklahoma. From there she was assigned to the Fire Control School in Anacostia, and then served as a Yeoman in the Chaplain’s office in Washington, D.C.

169C330F-E0B7-4D18-B43A-72CC9EB5BD5B.jpeg

Zack Miller

Dad,

My wife has combined her hobby of beadwork with her interest in WWII. Below is a picture of my father and the tapestry she made (over 20,000 beads).  Of note, her mother was a little girl on Okinawa during the war. 

You can see more of her work at https://www.thankfulgenerations.com/?pgid=jewi5ubq-0ba65dc0-21dc-49e7-a0e9-c9a0109c34ea

Fred Neuren

My father-in-law, Fred Neuren, was born in Brooklyn, NY in 1919. He attended St. Louis University where he received his Bachelors degree and DDS. Upon completing dental school he was called to active duty with the US Army, and was sent to ETO where he served as a Dental Officer with the 82nd Airborne. He was awarded the American Campaign Medal, WWII Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal (Germany) and European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal.

AD69D4D0-3133-4C04-A13B-AF278015D0FC.webp

F9FA05C6-29C9-4EDC-86C6-C3465B002361.jpeg

manayunkman
On 5/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, patches said:

Wow Palisades Amusement Park New Jersey, my parents took me and my two sister the summer it closed in 1971.

Ride the coaster stay cool on the waves in the pool. 

• 1 month later...

One 2nd Lieutenant Bradley B. Clark Air Corps, KIA December 1944 flying with 406th Fighter Squadron 9th Air Force, he is the older brother of music man Dick Clark.

2lt-bradley-b-clark.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My Dad, CPT John Lee, Jr., Corps of Engineers.  Taken in England in late 1943, at the time he was attached to BG William Hoge's 5th Engineer Special Brigade, planning the specifics of D-Day.  He would go ashore at Omaha that day, and receive his first SSM for his actions on the beach.  Later he would transfer into the 82nd ABD, and serve as the S-3 of the attached 307th Combat Engineer Battalion, all the way to Berlin, and come home with his division on the Queen Mary in January 1946 as a lt. colonel.

1943-Dad.jpg