Show your WWII Studio Photographs!

gauthieb3sxz

On 10/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, Yuri Bezmenov said:

William J. Ricketson, US Army, WWII, I believe the sleeve patch is related to Occupied Europe?

00003.jpg

Yuri, like my avatar, he wears the patch of the Communications Zone, the Com-Z, the massive Services and Supply side of the ETO.  Numbering over 930,000 men and women by V-E day, the Com-Z was created in May 1942 to receive and coordinate the Operation Bolero buildup of men and materiel in Great Britain to feed, clothe, house, and arm the 3 million US Army soldiers coming to that Theater, and everything else the Army required not directly connected to combat.  Read more here about logistics - 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Service_Forces   Army Service Forces - Wikipedia
The patch grew out of the Services of Supply round patch, a blue star in a white field surrounded in red.  I attach a pic of both patches here - you can see the SOS emblem at the heart of the Com-Z effort to "break the chains of Nazi tyranny."

IMG_1157.JPG

Yuri Bezmenov
20 minutes ago, Com-Z said:

Yuri, like my avatar, he wears the patch of the Communications Zone, the Com-Z, the massive Services and Supply side of the ETO.  Numbering over 930,000 men and women by V-E day, the Com-Z was created in May 1942 to receive and coordinate the Operation Bolero buildup of men and materiel in Great Britain to feed, clothe, house, and arm the 3 million US Army soldiers coming to that Theater, and everything else the Army required not directly connected to combat.  Read more here about logistics - 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Service_Forces   Army Service Forces - Wikipedia
The patch grew out of the Services of Supply round patch, a blue star in a white field surrounded in red.  I attach a pic of both patches here - you can see the SOS emblem at the heart of the Com-Z effort to "break the chains of Nazi tyranny."

IMG_1157.JPG

Thanks for the info. I guess Railway Operating Battalions would fall under Com-Z? His specific unit was the 718th Railway Operating Battalion, Headquarters Company. From what I have been able to gather, he arrived in England then went to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and finally Germany. 

31 minutes ago, Yuri Bezmenov said:

Thanks for the info. I guess Railway Operating Battalions would fall under Com-Z? His specific unit was the 718th Railway Operating Battalion, Headquarters Company. From what I have been able to gather, he arrived in England then went to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and finally Germany. 

Yes sir.  Below is a graphic of the Technical Services within the Com-Z; Rail was part of the Transportation Corps.  The Com-Z also had geographic sections; several in Britain before the invasion, and ten by V-E day.  The famous ADSEC was just one of those - the ADvance SECtion of the Com-Z.  Here are those ten sections too.

Com-Z Sections.png

Corps Staff.png