Show your WWII Studio Photographs!

gauthieb3sxz

Found this one some months back. Airborne command soldier wedding photo with nice jump wings and oval. On the portrait shows Middletown, CT in the lower studio stamped signature. The soldier appears to be about 65.

post-177166-0-15225500-1582025204.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

And a Colorized one of a regrettably unknown Chief Boilermaker in his Whites, a Silver Star winner it seems, but note how the person who did the job colored two of the ribbons as a Silver Star, and a Silver Star in reverse IE Red outer Blue inner.. got the Navy Good Conduct right though, I wonder what ribbon was really there.

104876.jpg

One more Navyman in a Colorized portrait, here an Aircrewman,, decorations seem to be the Air Medal on the top, Distinguished Flying Cross first ribbon 2nd Row..

5563396b95a7f.image.jpg

Brian Dentino
2 minutes ago, patches said:

One more Navyman in a Colorized portrait, here an Aircrewman,, decorations seem to be the Air Medal on the top, Distinguished Flying Cross first ribbon 2nd Row..

5563396b95a7f.image.jpg

The ribbon on the 2nd row looks like a DSC to me unless I am really off with my memory right now.  The DFC has a thinner white-red-white stripe down the center with a blue-white outside not the red-white-blue like a DSC.  Not sure how a sailor would have won a DSC but.....that is what I am seeing.

Since we are showing some navy stuff, this is one of my favorites in my collection. Shows a silver star winner wearing his medal. I was able to identify him and his action that won him the award

8AEC9DD4-AC1C-46A9-A8AA-DBE14F4CA197.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brian Dentino said:

The ribbon on the 2nd row looks like a DSC to me unless I am really off with my memory right now.  The DFC has a thinner white-red-white stripe down the center with a blue-white outside not the red-white-blue like a DSC.  Not sure how a sailor would have won a DSC but.....that is what I am seeing.

Yeah you're right, probably blew the colorizing, though they seem to have gotten the rest Okay.

index.jpg

Patches, I think the CPO in post #56 is possibly the same guy in post #60.   
Looks like an earlier picture and then he was promoted to Chief Petty Officer Machinist Mate. 

Chris

6 hours ago, hink441 said:

Patches, I think the CPO in post #56 is possibly the same guy in post #60.   
Looks like an earlier picture and then he was promoted to Chief Petty Officer Machinist Mate. 

Chris

You mean this one?

image.png.b21160b2658f2bdbfe412843a928099d.png

George E Senft, 7th or 8th Service Command - Photo is period colorized, although far left ribbon is the GCM, and middle I assume is American Campaign

George E Senft Portrait.jpg

Hey guys,

I have this one of my Dad, at least a copy of the original someone else in my family has. It was taken post war. I have a colorized version which is pretty good, but they gave him brown eyes instead of blue  ;D 

Thanks,

James

Dad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a studio portrait of an Army Air Forces Pilot in color from a studio at Coffeyville Army Air Field in Kansas.  Sadly it wasn't named but came in a gold finished frame which makes me think that he was possibly KIA.  The only clue I have to his identity beyond the studio is that this was found in New Hampshire but could have come from Massachusetts as well. Nice portrait and glad to be able to share it here. 

Pilot Photograph.jpg

Salvage Sailor

USAAC Enlisted 1939 (Top row, second from left) in pre-war garrison uniform

01.jpg

USAAF Lieutenant newly commissioned in 1942 stateside uniform and early AF patch with Air Transport Command DUI's

02.jpg

USAAF Captain newly returned from overseas service, now with crusher cap, bullion patch and tailored uniform.

03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Great Air Corps Type portrait, has a blown up photo, we guess a photo of a Bomber in the background as a backdrop. 

He is one Ralph Bush of the 34th Bombardment Group (Heavy)  in England

juik.jpg

• 1 month later...