U.S. Medals Bars

Ricardo

This is from a Marine RIO who flew with VMFA-115. I have a photo of him wearing this bar on his wedding day. He flew another tour late in the war and added 5 more Air Medals and 3 more battle stars but never updated the medals, Mark.

post-527-1171639682.jpg

Hi can you pm me some info about the gold star medal and some pictures?

Didn't knew it exists

• 1 year later...

My only bar to Eugene Panaro, still trying to find his records to verify if he is a relative of my grandmother. I have his insignia and ID tags as well, just not in this picture.

post-114-1245272328.jpg

Military-Memorabilia

I had posted this medal bar before, but it is germane to the topic...an AF DSM, LOM, DFC, and Meritorious Service Medal.

post-4585-1234561195.jpg

• 4 years later...

attachicon.gifattachment

LTG Doolittle mini set. Original and fully documented. This item is in my possession. Please enjoy my post of a very rare general officer mini group.

4starchris

lucky.... when i saw his full size medals in the Smithsonian my eyes popped out of my head.

• 6 years later...

My contribution to the thread.

Luther Martin Overstreet Naval Cadet USNA was on the USS Oregon at the Naval battle of Santiago. During WWI he received the NC for Transport duties and combating the U Boat threats.

G2

post-8930-0-84473300-1586891530.jpg

• 5 months later...

U.S. Navy, probably a Senior or Master Chief Petty Officer judging by the Meritorious Service Medal. There is actually a fourth gold star on the Navy Achievement Medal, but it's covered by the Navy Commendation Medal.

Navy3 (1).JPG

Lastly, this bar is attributed to a Lt. Cdr. Hager, who served from 1967 to 1996. He had been a Chief Petty Officer prior to being commissioned. Unfortunately, I don't have any of his other medals.

Hager (1).JPG

Hager (2).JPG

Hager (3).JPG

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, gunnertwo said:

My contribution to the thread.

Luther Martin Overstreet Naval Cadet USNA was on the USS Oregon at the Naval battle of Santiago. During WWI he received the NC for Transport duties and combating the U Boat threats.

G2

post-8930-0-84473300-1586891530.jpg

Shutchyerface! That’s phenomenal 

A small group representing only a 1 year enlistment in the immediate post-War period to Quartermaster 3rd Class Keith Rippel who served from July 1945 to July 1946 aboard the refrigeration ship USS Corduba off China:

WWII Victory Medal

Navy Occupation Service Medal with Asia Clasp

China Service (Extended)

All original issues.

Jeff

20210413_150316.jpg