U.S. Medals Bars

Ricardo

Hi All,

Please, show us ===> U.S. MEDALS BARS!!!! thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

The USN Veteran would have been in the Pacific theater, then in Chinese waters, and then end up with a "Europe" bar on his Occupation ribbon.

EDIT: Pictures are lost

collectsmedals

Very nice.

Here is a medal bar that belonged to Major Hubert Edson, son of famed Marine raider Merritt (Red Mike) Edson.

post-294-1171501272.jpg

Ricardo, here are a couple of medal bars. First is from a WWII trained pilot. He saw his action in Korea with VF-192 off the USS Princeton. Mark

post-527-1171639533.jpg

This is from a Marine RIO who flew with VMFA-115. I have a photo of him wearing this bar on his wedding day. He flew another tour late in the war and added 5 more Air Medals and 3 more battle stars but never updated the medals, Mark.

post-527-1171639682.jpg

One of my favorites. This gentleman flew PBY's early in the war with VP-91, then flew a tour in PB4Y's with VB-106. He was recommended for the Silver Star but was awarded another Gold Star for his DFC. He was awarded 7 Stars for his Air Medal and was entitled to 12 battle stars! Mark.

post-527-1171639871.jpg

I love the medal bars fellas thumbsup.gif

Those of you who know me , realize I have a weakness for US Naval Aviation related groups. Bars like these are often seen to Naval officers or Enlisted men who stayed in the reserves after the war. Men who got out and stayed out generally did not have a reason to bar mount their medals.

I'm on the road right now, but when I am back I will try to post a few bars too.

Kurt

Here are a few more bars!

This first one belonged to Alden V. Johnson , Wildcat and Hellcat pilot with VC-13 in both the Atlantic and Pacific theaters .

johnson.JPG

Group to Joseph Stephenson . He was captured in the Philippines and spent the war as a POW . The Japanese did not take his GCM as a souvenir thumbsup.gif . I am assuming he must have left it back in the states.

I also find Stephenson's choices of medals for his bar interesting. Wearing a bar of " 5 " was the norm and he selected the ones he wanted to wear! He completely left the Asiatic Pacific Campaign medal off the bar, but chose to leave on the WWII Victory medal.

stephenson.JPG

stephenson_2.JPG

Here is a group to a Navy Captain that served with VB-19 during WW2. On a bombing raid on Peleliu in Sept. 44, his SB2C Helldiver was shot up and had to ditch in the sea. Saved his Radioman in the process of sinking. They were picked up by the Submarine Grouper and then went on a 1 month war patrol to Japan. Wonder if he qualified for the war patrol badge?

First Air Medal for a direct hit on a Japanese Cargo Vessel in the Bonin Group. Second for much damage to a combination of enemy shipping and land targets.

The Wharfmasterpost-525-1172296934.jpg

• 1 month later...

post-387-1175643483.jpg

LTG Doolittle mini set. Original and fully documented. This item is in my possession. Please enjoy my post of a very rare general officer mini group.

4starchris

Here is a group to a Navy Captain that served with VB-19 during WW2. On a bombing raid on Peleliu in Sept. 44, his SB2C Helldiver was shot up and had to ditch in the sea. Saved his Radioman in the process of sinking. They were picked up by the Submarine Grouper and then went on a 1 month war patrol to Japan. Wonder if he qualified for the war patrol badge?

First Air Medal for a direct hit on a Japanese Cargo Vessel in the Bonin Group. Second for much damage to a combination of enemy shipping and land targets.

The Wharfmaster

Wharfmaster

I must have missed this when you first posted it. Very cool! I love USN AM's that were awarded for specific actions rather than flight/strike.

I also like the Naval Aviator Certificate. You can tell its a Pre-Early WWII one because it says " Bureau of Navigation" on the bottom. The later ones say "Bureau of Naval Personnel".

Kurt

Wharfmaster

I must have missed this when you first posted it. Very cool! I love USN AM's that were awarded for specific actions rather than flight/strike.

I also like the Naval Aviator Certificate. You can tell its a Pre-Early WWII one because it says " Bureau of Navigation" on the bottom. The later ones say "Bureau of Naval Personnel".

Kurt

Nice pics, all. Here's my favorite. NA grad 1929 to USMC; Naval Aviator 1931; Fighter pilot in Nicaragua 1932-has 2nd Nic & Nic Cross of Valor; UK in 1941 studying Brits, Pioneer Night fighter pilot C.O. VMF(N)-531 has 4 kills at night Bird Colonel in 1944. Chief of Staff 1st MAW in Korea - shot down 1952 - ranking USMC POW. Signed phony Germ Warfare confession - end of career. Remained in Corps for 30 years. Advanced to BGen on retired list upon retirement. All medals fully documented. I'm inclined to believe that he personally mounted these based on style, ribbons, devices, etc that came with the collection. I've included 2 ribbon bar pics for continuity. Enjoy. Semper Fi!

Schwable_top_bar_medals.JPG

I give up for now. I have 4 more pics to post but I keep getting told the files are too big. I'm Confused. Obviously I havn't mastered this pic posting deal. Frankly I find it user unfriendly compared to other similar services on the net. Comments?

CNY Militaria
I give up for now. I have 4 more pics to post but I keep getting told the files are too big. I'm Confused. Obviously I havn't mastered this pic posting deal. Frankly I find it user unfriendly compared to other similar services on the net. Comments?

See here, it may be of some help.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7