Iraqi special forces helmet

trenchfoot

I aquired a massive Iraqi headgear collection from a OIF 1 veteran who got them in 2003. This was among the helmets. He says this is a Iraqi special forces helmet, and I don't doubt him, but I would love some more info, like about the blue para wing, and if it's rare or not.

post-163344-0-97515000-1488067049_thumb.png

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Very cool, I'm a big OEF/OIF Collector too. I don't know if it is an Iraqi Special forces marking or not, but Iraqi markings are almost always super crude like this, also it looks like their is Arabic writing in pen or pencil below it.

Just a heads up, a mod will likely ask you to provide more info about the vet who brought it back.

I'd love to see more pictures.

Nice part of any collection.

Here's some more pictures. The webbing is actually one of the nicest Iraqi webbing I've seen, and it doesn't have the name strap connecting pieces for some reason.

post-163344-0-59013300-1488071092_thumb.png

I don't know too much about the veteran, all I know is that he picked these up while in OIF 1 and one of the helmets he found in the middle of the road on a patrol to Samarra, Iraq.

it doesnt appear to be a rare or unusual helmet, except for the missing neck strap buckles? looks like a typical South Korean export M80 , many of these were also used in the Iran - Iraq War

it doesnt appear to be a rare or unusual helmet, except for the missing neck strap buckles? looks like a typical South Korean export M80 , many of these were also used in the Iran - Iraq War

Oh I know it's just a normal m80, I just wanted to know if the marking is rare.

Oh I know it's just a normal m80, I just wanted to know if the marking is rare.

I've never seen this particular marking before. However, there are quite a few different Iraqi markings for their helmets that have yet to be identified to certain units.

We are still documenting these helmets and learning about them. Even helmets with the same types of markings (Republican Guard, MP, medic, etc.) can vary wildly in how those markings are applied.